• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phoenician

Reaction score
Perhaps they’re made by C&J, but that apron is clearly not the Galway II apron. So looks like those boots are a, “reasonable facsimile”, as we say in the federal government.
View attachment 1485158
You’re right about the apron, it’s certainly not the same. When I got the boots, the sticker on the box had the 325 last printed on it, and a card inside from C&J talking about the CF Stead tannery suede used, and rubber stamped on the back of the card was ‘Galway II 6116’ which corresponded to the model on the front sticker. so figured it must have been a Galway variant, albeit different apron stitching.

may not be Galway proper, but Galway metropolitan area; or a suburb of Galway perhaps.

Attachments

Last edited:

Heemanifesto

Reaction score
How is the C&J US “D” sizing compared to UK “E” sizing? I am seeing a pair of Galways on Grailed in size 13D. But I’m sure it is too big for me. 😄
2AD6CD38-7651-4066-938B-F38BCDD0E460.jpeg

Such a good looking boot.

Jmr928

Reaction score
How is the C&J US “D” sizing compared to UK “E” sizing? I am seeing a pair of Galways on Grailed in size 13D. But I’m sure it is too big for me. 😄View attachment 1485202
Such a good looking boot.
Just checked to confirm - I have a couple pairs in standard UK E sizing and one in US sizing from Barneys (RIP) that are on the same last. 9.5E and 10.5D on 348 are very, very close if not identical - Length and width.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re right about the apron, it’s certainly not the same. When I got the boots, the sticker on the box had the 325 last printed on it, and a card inside from C&J talking about the CF Stead tannery suede used, and rubber stamped on the back of the card was ‘Galway II 6116’ which corresponded to the model on the front sticker. so figured it must have been a Galway variant, albeit different apron stitching.

may not be Galway proper, but Galway metropolitan area; or a suburb of Galway perhaps.
Galway adjacent?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked to confirm - I have a couple pairs in standard UK E sizing and one in US sizing from Barneys (RIP) that are on the same last. 9.5E and 10.5D on 348 are very, very close if not identical - Length and width.
That makes sense bc I think Barney's has all of their sizing in US. So a UK9.5E should be exactly equivalent to a US10.5D

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shall we say ...a Galway by any other name......lol

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ken1036

Reaction score
Freaking want those. If I'm 7.5Uk in lobb and EG... would I keep that size for the 325 or go down to 7uk?

Jmr928

Reaction score
Freaking want those. If I'm 7.5Uk in lobb and EG... would I keep that size for the 325 or go down to 7uk?
I took my standard CJ sizing. 1 full size down from US, half size down from EG because I wear them mostly during the winter with heavier boot socks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's