• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happen to be wearing them today. These have a lot of miles on the clock and unlike my other boots they haven't been particularly well looked after
Oie, those bad boys put the rough in rough out leather.

BaronLSN

Reaction score
British Racing Green Scotch Grain Harvard loafers. Fantastic. I saw these on eBay and had to have them. It's been a wild ride since my first pair of gyw shoes in October 2019...

PXL_20201015_021111176.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

lexmann

Reaction score
There used to be a noted C&J stockist in Kuala Lumpur. Their prices were so low C&J stopped supplying them. So I imagine the C&J range were suitable for Kuala Lumpur weather. The bonus was you could use their prices, converted from Ringitts, to negotiate a good deal with price match sellers in the U.K.
I ordered a few pairs from this stockist and that was at least 15 years ago. They also had lots of Cheaney's.

Bazungu

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am planning on buying my first boot as well as my first C&J. Been considering the Islay but it seems they are available in 2 different lasts: 365E which is described as C&J most roomy last and a MTO 228F which on the website of the store in described as 'a more generous country last'. Does anyone have experience with the 228 F last? I have quite flat feet, so while they are wide, my instep is relatively low and my ankle quite narrow as well.
In my Loake badminton I wear a 10.5G which fits perfectly. I also have a Alfred Sargent Linton on the 7WK last which is a bit loser on the ankle/instep and requires slightly thicker socks.
I am planning to wear the boots with medium thickness woolen socks.

Any recommendations? I am a bit afraid the 365E would be a bit narrow for my foot since I have only worn G fit so far. Then again, it is described as a generous last. Just wished there was a store up here in Scotland where I could give them a try.

Thanks!

Stani777

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am planning on buying my first boot as well as my first C&J. Been considering the Islay but it seems they are available in 2 different lasts: 365E which is described as C&J most roomy last and a MTO 228F which on the website of the store in described as 'a more generous country last'. Does anyone have experience with the 228 F last? I have quite flat feet, so while they are wide, my instep is relatively low and my ankle quite narrow as well.
In my Loake badminton I wear a 10.5G which fits perfectly. I also have a Alfred Sargent Linton on the 7WK last which is a bit loser on the ankle/instep and requires slightly thicker socks.
I am planning to wear the boots with medium thickness woolen socks.

Any recommendations? I am a bit afraid the 365E would be a bit narrow for my foot since I have only worn G fit so far. Then again, it is described as a generous last. Just wished there was a store up here in Scotland where I could give them a try.

Thanks!
Islays on 228 last are available here by the way:

Bazungu

Reaction score
Islays on 228 last are available here by the way:
Hey Stani777, thanks for the link. I saw them before but they are not available in my size sadly. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this last? Or how the 365 last compares to an 'average' G width country shoe. I never tried on any C&J and am a bit scared they might be too narrow.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Well; I am in Madagascar now, and I am totally fine at my office with my C&J Harlech. Boots are totaly ok if you are used to warm climates all year round. It may be different if you live in Juneau and come to tropical countries juste a couple days from time to time.

agree 100%. I live in the desert with little humidity but high summer heat. Since I’m always in the air conditioning, even when traveling for work in the summer, I wear boots year round because I enjoy them. I do wear think socks though, which I think is key. In fact, it’s still over 100 degrees here, and wore Conistons twice this week

CWV

Reaction score
Hi guys! Could you help me determine what last are some boots made on?
the pics are in this thread
I hope you can help me
tbx!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Could you help me determine what last are some boots made on?
the pics are in this thread
I hope you can help me
tbx!
The poster in that thread is right that it might be included in the writing inside the shoe. Based on just the pictures I would hazard a guess of 240 or 341.

Braid

Reaction score
The poster in that thread is right that it might be included in the writing inside the shoe. Based on just the pictures I would hazard a guess of 240 or 341.
Looks more 240 than 341 to me.

I posted these pictures in the sons of Henrey thread to slcomoarr the SoH elegant round last to CJ 341 and 325, maybe it could help someone here as well. The CJ are both 9 and the SoH is 8.5

DSC_1194.jpg
DSC_1200 (1).jpg
DSC_1201 (4).jpg
DSC_1199 (7).jpg

CWV

Reaction score
This was inside one boot

Attachments

• E12CC15F-CBAC-44CC-8114-D9EDDBC51F54.jpeg
    E12CC15F-CBAC-44CC-8114-D9EDDBC51F54.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 07785404-E893-49CA-ABBA-8EA42D47FEFC.jpeg
    07785404-E893-49CA-ABBA-8EA42D47FEFC.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 107

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Williams4ray