• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the EG for BB were directly shown as EG (unless you're talking about EG for BB from like 30 years ago?).
In the past few years when BB did carry EG, they were labeled only as the latter without any BB markings on them. They may have been made to order for BB but there was no mistaking the sourcing.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Brand new Coniston Black Edition fresh out of the box. Black roughout suede in 7.5 E from the NYC store. I can say I love these!

Coming from the Viberg/Alden/Trickers world - these are my first C&J. They seem rugged, but I'm used to boots built like tanks, and these are considerably lighter. I'm impressed with the impeccable quality and style. OK, maybe the flimsy little laces are another story - I'll need some good replacements soon. Otherwise I look forward to cooler weather and rain in the fall and a little break in time. Trying the UK vs. US lacing approach at the same time lol.

IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1801.jpg
IMG_1806.jpg

ducatiti

Reaction score
wow glad I saw this thread, $300 for handgrade C&J, got some Howie's coming!!
You're welcome! :)

I just checked out with one too, $341 out the door. By any chance, have you seen actual pictures of them other than the pictures on PS' site?

Do you think that they will look something like this other than the last/toe?:

Last edited:

gzheydey

Reaction score
You're welcome! :)

I just checked out with one too, $341 out the door. By any chance, have you seen actual pictures of them other than the pictures on PS' site?

Do you think that they will look something like this other than the last/toe?:

The PS Howie toe shape is different from what you posted here. I am assuming it's on a different last.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.