• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

SRV

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been viewing the threads for awhile and just starting to get into it all! I was wondering if anyone could help me with some sizing for some Peal&Co loafers? I am usually a 8.5D on Barrie, or 8.5E trubalance (kinda loose) and I have a 8UK for C&J Harvard Cordovan. I am not sure about the US BB website and the sizing for Peal & Co, are they UK or US sizing ? And would a 8 sizing on the BB website fit me? or would they be too small? Thanks in advance for any information that you guys can share! Thanks!
US Sizing for Peal & Co. If you are 8.5D in Barrie then 9D in Peal &Co.

Phileas Fogg

Reaction score
I’d be wary if giving sizing advice. True, the Barrie is quiet generous and I’ve mentioned before that I usually size down a full size based on my brannock measurement of 9.5d, but one really needs to try on the shoe before sizing up or down.

If you do buy online, make sure you have the option to return for a full refund.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first pair of quality shoes i.e. C&J Wholecut Weymouth handgrade and these are now 6 years old. Still amazing after 1 resole which was done by C&J.

View attachment 1393519
View attachment 1393520
Really like the burnishing you did here. Leffot had a pair of these in their Pre-owned section. Was thinking about pulling the trigger, but just too dressy for my day to day.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look absolutely phenomenal... and incredibly well cared for.
thank you so much , I have worn this pair a lot and sometime back most days used to walk in NYC for almost 2-3 miles a day in them. Just Saphir renovateur and Saphir medium brown cream keeps them maintained. Toes/heels can have some gloss finish.

Really like the burnishing you did here. Leffot had a pair of these in their Pre-owned section. Was thinking about pulling the trigger, but just too dressy for my day to day.
Thank you , I only do slightly darker cream, and polish than the original color. And the gloss over it keeps it like that for many months.
I just love wholecut shoes as they are so comfortable so I wear them casually with jeans too sometimes. Maybe that’s not the right approach for many people.

Lucapoli

Reaction score
Does anybody knows which tannery is the leather sourced from on Cavendish II - Calf Leather model?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.