• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jamesnyc

Reaction score
If anyone owns C&J handgrade and benchgrade shoes, does handgrade shoes worth to purchase with additional price? I just wanted to learn about handgrade shoes more.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
If anyone owns C&J handgrade and benchgrade shoes, does handgrade shoes worth to purchase with additional price? I just wanted to learn about handgrade shoes more.
The difference in quality is worth the money IMO. The craftsmanship and attention to details are a bit better and the lining is nicer but for me main differences are better uppers leather and MUCH better soles (benchgrade leathers soles quality and durability are rather low).
Benchgrade shoes are still nice, especially on rubber sole. In fact my 5 years old dark brown Tetburys are my favourite pair of shoes.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I can just echo what's said, the leather and the soles are in a different league.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on many loafers but the only really nice ones that fit are C&J Harvard. Even the Boston fits a bit too snug for me. Have Harvard in dark brown cordovan and suede. Just picked up a pair in black calf from Ben Silver. C&J doesn't even currently stock these in their own stores. On a side note I find cordovan to be a bit stiff for loafers and greatly prefer calf.

Capture.JPG

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the fit of my suede Harvard's, by far my best fitting loafer.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know how C&J’s dark brown shell ages?

Will it lighten up over time?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to order a pair of Islay's shipped to the US. Anyone use Pediwear? Is there a better or cheaper option? Thanks.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looking to order a pair of Islay's shipped to the US. Anyone use Pediwear? Is there a better or cheaper option? Thanks.
Pediwear is fine as long as it’s actually in stock. If they need to order it you may as well go directly to C&J. Mailorder(at)crockettandjones.co.uk
Make sure you contact them in the uk and not the us store.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.