• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

K. Nights

Reaction score
Anyone have recs for shoe trees? I have the Cavendish and Chiltern models, and my understanding is that C&Js trees aren't modeled on these lasts anyway, so is there a better option out there? I have some generic ones from Woodlore I could just use

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recs for shoe trees? I have the Cavendish and Chiltern models, and my understanding is that C&Js trees aren't modeled on these lasts anyway, so is there a better option out there? I have some generic ones from Woodlore I could just use
I like the Woodlore Epics.

ValidusLA

Reaction score
I like the Woodlore Epics.
Epics aren't bad, but I would recommend the Ultras. The Ultras are slightly longer in the toebox and have a higher vamp, which I think is just generally better.

I use Woodlore Ultras in my shoes and Woodlore Boss shoe trees in my Conistons and other boots. The only downside of the boss is that it supports the boots so well they can't fit in C+J's too-narrow-for-boots-with-trees box.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epics aren't bad, but I would recommend the Ultras. The Ultras are slightly longer in the toebox and have a higher vamp, which I think is just generally better.

I use Woodlore Ultras in my shoes and Woodlore Boss shoe trees in my Conistons and other boots. The only downside of the boss is that it supports the boots so well they can't fit in C+J's too-narrow-for-boots-with-trees box.
I have the Boss boot trees too and don't really care for them because of that fact. I keep all my shoes in boxes so they don't work for me.

ValidusLA

Reaction score
I have the Boss boot trees too and don't really care for them because of that fact. I keep all my shoes in boxes so they don't work for me.
What are you using in your boots? I keep mine in boxes too. If i finagle it just right i can get them in with the box sort of lying on top but it aggravates me greatly.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you using in your boots? I keep mine in boxes too. If i finagle it just right i can get them in with the box sort of lying on top but it aggravates me greatly.
nothing that helps them as much. Usually just the standard Woodlore made Jos A. Banks shoe trees. I think when I was using the Boss ones with my Brooks Brothers shell captoes the black knob on the trees actually put a dent into one of my captoes.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a great mystery to me how my UK10 Galway 2’s and my US10.5 Indy’s got into their boxes in the first place. I had difficulty putting them back into their boxes without feeling like I was crushing them even without trees.

The Indy’s are now in an extra AE box they shipped my taller Long Branches in after a recrafting- a true boot sized box. In fact all my AE boot boxes have room to spare. My G2’s and BB x CJ “Coniston-esque” boots - both with Woodlore Boss trees - are simply standing upright in their bags.

First world problems.

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
I regret selling my GMTO brown Lindricks and my brown shell Skye II, both new in box. Wasn't a fan of C&J brown cordovan. But tastes change (and of course brown cordovan evolves over time). Ended up getting a pair of brown cordovan Harlech during black Friday sale, and I love them. Lesson learned.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 86 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%