• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shameless PSA plug here. Anyone here interested in pair of C&J for BB brown shell wingtips? These are 240 last, flat welt version. Size 9D US (BB marks in US sizes). Got them at the sale via gift card so can't return. Passing the deal at $475 shipped within USA via PP f&f. Took it out the box to inspect, looks perfect to me, nice olive tones.

That's a good price!

AWu

Reaction score
Shameless PSA plug here. Anyone here interested in pair of C&J for BB brown shell wingtips? These are 240 last, flat welt version. Size 9D US (BB marks in US sizes). Got them at the sale via gift card so can't return. Passing the deal at $475 shipped within USA via PP f&f. Took it out the box to inspect, looks perfect to me, nice olive tones.

what is the size in UK that equates?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived yesterday, just in time for today's rain. I finally found a C&J style and last that works for me. The Lanark 3 feels kind of like the Alden Barrie last, though not exactly. Not only do this fit better, but they are more comfortable than my previous two C&J pairs. I look forward to wearing these a lot in 2020. I did change the laces ot AE laces because the stock laces run short.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived yesterday, just in time for today's rain. I finally found a C&J style and last that works for me. The Lanark 3 feels kind of like the Alden Barrie last, though not exactly. Not only do this fit better, but they are more comfortable than my previous two C&J pairs. I look forward to wearing these a lot in 2020. I did change the laces ot AE laces because the stock laces run short.

View attachment 1318189
I very nearly bought some of those last year.

Still on my wish list and even more so after seeing your photo and positive initial experience.

Do you have anything on 325 last for sizing comparison?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have anything on 325 last for sizing comparison?
Sadly, I haven't tried the 325 yet. I would describe the Lanark fit as a little more snug in the heel and definitely more snug in the waist than other lasts I've tried like the 236. The ball is quite wide, so it fits me well because I have slightly narrow feet but with a wide ball. The instep area is roomy, but not overly so. I'm usually a 7 E (or F in other brands), and I found these fit true to size.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I haven't tried the 325 yet. I would describe the Lanark fit as a little more snug in the heel and definitely more snug in the waist than other lasts I've tried like the 236. The ball is quite wide, so it fits me well because I have slightly narrow feet but with a wide ball. The instep area is roomy, but not overly so. I'm usually a 7 E (or F in other brands), and I found these fit true to size.
Thanks for that. I have the Connaught which I think is on 236 so a good comparison for me.

Hope you enjoy them!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%