• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's great news! I sent them an email some hours ago, still haven't got a reply.. Unfortunately, I don't have the receipt..

This might complicate things... however, I hope things work out for you.

blue2007

Reaction score
Just received my Edgeware and have not worn them yet. Is there something I should do prior to start wearing them? How to care for them? What wax and other things I should use? Etc..I just wanna make sure I take care of the shoes the proper way.

hanskl

Reaction score
This might complicate things... however, I hope things work out for you.
Thanks. If all else fails, hopefully C&J could do a factory recraft on them!
musicboohoo[1].gif

pikachoo

Reaction score

Not sure if they are C&J but they aren't a wingtip - they're a punched captoe derby with a kiltie. Nice colour but I wonder if that kiltie is removeable.

yeah they definitely got the name wrong. also wondering the same thing about the kiltie

Yes, and seems to be the 325 last.

agreed. do you know if they produce these as stock models? cant afford the BB markup

Last edited:

wesos

Reaction score
Just received my Edgeware and have not worn them yet. Is there something I should do prior to start wearing them? How to care for them? What wax and other things I should use? Etc..I just wanna make sure I take care of the shoes the proper way.

You should use a leather conditioner on them before wearing the first time, and then again every couple of months. It is important to do this before the first wear because you don't know how long the shoes have been sitting around the shop with the moisture slowly leaving the leather. Wearing them if the leather is dry may cause fine cracking.

Some tips: Don't wear them two days in a row. Use wooden shoe trees and put them in as soon as you take the shoes off. Give the shoes a light brush after each wear. Polish with wax every month or two, but don't put too much on the midfoot where the creases are or the wax will show as fine white lines. C&J wax is good. Maybe this sounds like a lot of work for a pair of shoes, but think of it as a ritual to preserve a fine piece of craftsmanship; taking a bit of care will make a huge difference to how the shoes age.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should use a leather conditioner on them before wearing the first time, and then again every couple of months.  It is important to do this before the first wear because you don't know how long the shoes have been sitting around the shop with the moisture slowly leaving the leather.  Wearing them if the leather is dry may cause fine cracking.

Some tips: Don't wear them two days in a row.  Use wooden shoe trees and put them in as soon as you take the shoes off.  Give the shoes a light brush after each wear.  Polish with wax every month or two, but don't put too much on the midfoot where the creases are or the wax will show as fine white lines.  C&J wax is good.  Maybe this sounds like a lot of work for a pair of shoes, but think of it as a ritual to preserve a fine piece of craftsmanship; taking a bit of care will make a huge difference to how the shoes age.

I have gotten to the point where I pretty much do this for every new pair - shell or calf. I typically use Saphir Reno. Results are always good.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score
I am looking for a Crockett & Jones Northcote boots in brown size UK12 or US 13. Anyone has one for sale or knows where I can get one. Will consider gently worn pair as well.

Thanks,

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have gotten to the point where I pretty much do this for every new pair - shell or calf. I typically use Saphir Reno. Results are always good.
great thread, I'm thinking

+1

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snowdon boots with "veldtshoen" waterproof welt.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Love the Snowdon, although I would've preferred that they'd used a hardier leather for the uppers. One day, I'll get a version made in shell although probably via Sargent and not C&J as Sargent's MTO prices are more reasonable...

Boots:

Left to right: Islay, Skye, Coniston, Snowdown, Arran

blue2007

Reaction score

You should use a leather conditioner on them before wearing the first time, and then again every couple of months.  It is important to do this before the first wear because you don't know how long the shoes have been sitting around the shop with the moisture slowly leaving the leather.  Wearing them if the leather is dry may cause fine cracking.

Some tips: Don't wear them two days in a row.  Use wooden shoe trees and put them in as soon as you take the shoes off.  Give the shoes a light brush after each wear.  Polish with wax every month or two, but don't put too much on the midfoot where the creases are or the wax will show as fine white lines.  C&J wax is good.  Maybe this sounds like a lot of work for a pair of shoes, but think of it as a ritual to preserve a fine piece of craftsmanship; taking a bit of care will make a huge difference to how the shoes age.

This is great advice, thank you.

Any specific leather condition I should use? What about other wax than C&J so I dont have to order it and wait?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads