• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the differences between the 317 last used on Grasmeres and the 133 last? It was used on some chukkas I am looking at and I have no other CJ experience other than the Grasmere.

msanchez0125

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired these Brooks Brothers Oxfords for $30, and I believe that they are actually made by Crockett & Jones. Can anyone tell from the numbers on the inside if this is true? Also, these seem to be rather narrow, so does the "C" on the inside refer to the narrow width?

Thanks.

Attachments

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired these Brooks Brothers Oxfords for $30, and I believe that they are actually made by Crockett & Jones. Can anyone tell from the numbers on the inside if this is true? Also, these seem to be rather narrow, so does the "C" on the inside refer to the narrow width?

Thanks.
Not C&J.

florent

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
Not 100% sure but I believe this markings style was used by Church's when making for other brands.

Stani777

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
Made by Church's. Look at the medallion broguing pattern.

George Red

Reaction score
Decided to take out my Conistons, the first pair of boots I ever bought, and put them through a full service. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted a mirror shine at the toe. It’s also the first attempt at hand-applied patina. I darkened the cap toe just a little bit. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40