• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the differences between the 317 last used on Grasmeres and the 133 last? It was used on some chukkas I am looking at and I have no other CJ experience other than the Grasmere.

msanchez0125

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired these Brooks Brothers Oxfords for $30, and I believe that they are actually made by Crockett & Jones. Can anyone tell from the numbers on the inside if this is true? Also, these seem to be rather narrow, so does the "C" on the inside refer to the narrow width?

Thanks.

Attachments

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired these Brooks Brothers Oxfords for $30, and I believe that they are actually made by Crockett & Jones. Can anyone tell from the numbers on the inside if this is true? Also, these seem to be rather narrow, so does the "C" on the inside refer to the narrow width?

Thanks.
Not C&J.

florent

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
Not 100% sure but I believe this markings style was used by Church's when making for other brands.

Stani777

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
Made by Church's. Look at the medallion broguing pattern.

George Red

Reaction score
Decided to take out my Conistons, the first pair of boots I ever bought, and put them through a full service. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted a mirror shine at the toe. It’s also the first attempt at hand-applied patina. I darkened the cap toe just a little bit. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.