• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the differences between the 317 last used on Grasmeres and the 133 last? It was used on some chukkas I am looking at and I have no other CJ experience other than the Grasmere.

msanchez0125

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired these Brooks Brothers Oxfords for $30, and I believe that they are actually made by Crockett & Jones. Can anyone tell from the numbers on the inside if this is true? Also, these seem to be rather narrow, so does the "C" on the inside refer to the narrow width?

Thanks.

Attachments

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently acquired these Brooks Brothers Oxfords for $30, and I believe that they are actually made by Crockett & Jones. Can anyone tell from the numbers on the inside if this is true? Also, these seem to be rather narrow, so does the "C" on the inside refer to the narrow width?

Thanks.
Not C&J.

florent

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
Not 100% sure but I believe this markings style was used by Church's when making for other brands.

Stani777

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks.
Made by Church's. Look at the medallion broguing pattern.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to take out my Conistons, the first pair of boots I ever bought, and put them through a full service. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted a mirror shine at the toe. It’s also the first attempt at hand-applied patina. I darkened the cap toe just a little bit. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.