• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

FibroblastsMakeLeather

Reaction score
Almost wore mine today! What kind of maintenance did you perform with them? I’m always unsure what to do with my C&J grain.
Hey Back,
Just brushed them, Bick4, brush, and then Saphir Dark Brown polish 2 coats. Didn't do mirror shine, trying to keep it casual. Hope to see yours soon.

Gertoshav

Reaction score
Lately...
C&J Islay

Nice sequence. My favorite of all time is Laphroaig followed up by Lagavulin. I emailed C&J about doing an MTO Islay in Whiskey shell cordovan, but it would have cost $1285 shipped to USA, which is really out of my price range when compared to other options.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Nice sequence. My favorite of all time is Laphroaig followed up by Lagavulin. I emailed C&J about doing an MTO Islay in Whiskey shell cordovan, but it would have cost $1285 shipped to USA, which is really out of my price range when compared to other options.
You should try the Kilchoman distillery, insanely good stuff

About an Islay MTO, I'd settle for a pair of Black Zug grain.
I know some "Viking" shops carry them in Black but they don't do "kid size" (6.5)!

Last edited:

Dd1101

Reaction score
About a year ago I was looking for the skye boots in shell and @stephenaf2003 gave me his contact at CJ... fast forward a year and I bought 7 or 8 pairs from the store and here are the two newest additions. Love the service and quality from CJ!

Attachments

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I was looking for the skye boots in shell and @stephenaf2003 gave me his contact at CJ... fast forward a year and I bought 7 or 8 pairs from the store and here are the two newest additions. Love the service and quality from CJ!
Wow, you’ve picked a stream of winners. Great job!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.