• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JDMills
I actually wear 11.5 EEE in most AEs and I fit into an 11F Connaught on the 236, a little snug at first but now 6 months in they fit perfectly.

Hmmm... I may have to do a bit of research into their various lasts. I'd all but given up hope of ever wearing anything sleeker than an AE Park/Fifth Avenue.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep
@JohnsNotHere

What models are that? Clifford, Belgrave?

Yes & yes. Belgraves are 1 year old BTW and have been worn heavily... not in bad shape I think

Frank the sheep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Yes & yes. Belgraves are 1 year old BTW and have been worn heavily... not in bad shape I think

Both look great! Wear just make them look better...
Really like the Clifford, thinking of getting a pair for my self. Don´t own a brouge shoe and have a hard time to decide which shoe/model to buy.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep
Both look great! Wear just make them look better...
Really like the Clifford, thinking of getting a pair for my self. Don´t own a brouge shoe and have a hard time to decide which shoe/model to buy.

Cliffords are handmades and beautiful shoes. I have a pair in English Tan.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on how 240 last fits (in comparison to 348/358/337). BB has the shell boots made by C&J in 240, but C&J themselves only have boots in 348 (Northcote which I have) and 341 (Shell Cordovan) which I don't have. I can't seem to find anything in C&J store in 240 last, and didn't see the BB in London carry the shell boots either.

P.s. these are the ones I am talking about
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Brown

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Can anyone comment on how 240 last fits (in comparison to 348/358/337). BB has the shell boots made by C&J in 240, but C&J themselves only have boots in 348 (Northcote which I have) and 341 (Shell Cordovan) which I don't have. I can't seem to find anything in C&J store in 240 last, and didn't see the BB in London carry the shell boots either.

Fits TTS, smaller than the 348 as it isn't too elongated.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

solls6.png

I am in love with these but 998 for shell captoe? I'm waiting for an xmas sale, i hear they drop to 600

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered those and return them becasue of the color. BB says those are brown but to me they look like that number # 8 shell cordovan.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laufer
I ordered those and return them becasue of the color. BB says those are brown but to me they look like that number # 8 shell cordovan.

so burgundy? Even better! This will be my first pair of shell, and no I am not paying 998 either...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Fits TTS, smaller than the 348 as it isn't too elongated.

good to know, thanks, I assume quite roomy on the toebox right? What's most comparable last in your opinion?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so burgundy? Even better! This will be my first pair of shell, and no I am not paying 998 either...

I agree burgundy is cool, Clee care to share you secret of how to avoid that $998 price or are you just waiting on a sale?

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aon
c&j weymouth

IMG00388-20110226-1105.jpg

IMG00397-20110226-1112.jpg

I'm bumping this partly as an excuse to show a pair of fantastic-looking well-worn Weymouths..but also to ask what size are these?

Percival

Reaction score
My first post on SF
smile.gif

I hope that all the sand and rubble soon will be swept away from the streets of Stockholm, these shoes are waiting for some action this spring. From left to right: Clifford, Clifford, Rosemoore and Belgrave.

DSC_0503a.jpg

I also took a picture that shows C&Js unlasted shoe tree (light colour) in comparison to C&Js lasted shoe tree (darker colour). I have to say that the lasted shoe tree (made for the 337 last) fits the shoe perfectly. If it's worth £80, well, strictly economically speaking I would say no, emotionally speaking the answer is absolutely!

DSC_0513a.jpg

Cheers
/Paul

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads