Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I actually wear 11.5 EEE in most AEs and I fit into an 11F Connaught on the 236, a little snug at first but now 6 months in they fit perfectly.

Hmmm... I may have to do a bit of research into their various lasts. I'd all but given up hope of ever wearing anything sleeker than an AE Park/Fifth Avenue.

2. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

3. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

@JohnsNotHere

What models are that? Clifford, Belgrave?

Yes & yes. Belgraves are 1 year old BTW and have been worn heavily... not in bad shape I think

4. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Yes & yes. Belgraves are 1 year old BTW and have been worn heavily... not in bad shape I think

Both look great! Wear just make them look better...
    Really like the Clifford, thinking of getting a pair for my self. Don´t own a brouge shoe and have a hard time to decide which shoe/model to buy.

5. meister

meister Senior member

Both look great! Wear just make them look better...
    Really like the Clifford, thinking of getting a pair for my self. Don´t own a brouge shoe and have a hard time to decide which shoe/model to buy.

Cliffords are handmades and beautiful shoes. I have a pair in English Tan.

6. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Can anyone comment on how 240 last fits (in comparison to 348/358/337). BB has the shell boots made by C&J in 240, but C&J themselves only have boots in 348 (Northcote which I have) and 341 (Shell Cordovan) which I don't have. I can't seem to find anything in C&J store in 240 last, and didn't see the BB in London carry the shell boots either.

P.s. these are the ones I am talking about
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Brown

7. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Can anyone comment on how 240 last fits (in comparison to 348/358/337). BB has the shell boots made by C&J in 240, but C&J themselves only have boots in 348 (Northcote which I have) and 341 (Shell Cordovan) which I don't have. I can't seem to find anything in C&J store in 240 last, and didn't see the BB in London carry the shell boots either.

Fits TTS, smaller than the 348 as it isn't too elongated.

8. apropos

apropos Senior member

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]
    I am in love with these but 998 for shell captoe? I'm waiting for an xmas sale, i hear they drop to 600

10. laufer

laufer Senior member

I ordered those and return them becasue of the color. BB says those are brown but to me they look like that number # 8 shell cordovan.

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I ordered those and return them becasue of the color. BB says those are brown but to me they look like that number # 8 shell cordovan.

so burgundy? Even better! This will be my first pair of shell, and no I am not paying 998 either...

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Fits TTS, smaller than the 348 as it isn't too elongated.

good to know, thanks, I assume quite roomy on the toebox right? What's most comparable last in your opinion?

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so burgundy? Even better! This will be my first pair of shell, and no I am not paying 998 either...

I agree burgundy is cool, Clee care to share you secret of how to avoid that $998 price or are you just waiting on a sale?

14. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

c&j weymouth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm bumping this partly as an excuse to show a pair of fantastic-looking well-worn Weymouths..but also to ask what size are these?

15. Percival

Percival Member

My first post on SF [​IMG]

I hope that all the sand and rubble soon will be swept away from the streets of Stockholm, these shoes are waiting for some action this spring. From left to right: Clifford, Clifford, Rosemoore and Belgrave.

[​IMG]

I also took a picture that shows C&Js unlasted shoe tree (light colour) in comparison to C&Js lasted shoe tree (darker colour). I have to say that the lasted shoe tree (made for the 337 last) fits the shoe perfectly. If it's worth £80, well, strictly economically speaking I would say no, emotionally speaking the answer is absolutely!

[​IMG]

Cheers
    /Paul