• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
YEAH LOOKS ABOUT RIGHT. ITS A LONGER LAST SO YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME WIGGLE ROOM.

DAMN, THE SOMMERVILLE IS SOLD OUT AT BARNEYS.COM FDSAHIBFCASDHBFDLHFDSF

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear the Westbourne 348 Last in 7.5UK and wear 8.5D in Alden Hampton Last. I also have the Somerville marked 9US for Barneys, which is an 8UK.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was just my second wear. Last time im wearing them too, yesterday was such a ****** day. If you are a size 12D, pm me if interested. The first time I wore them was for an interview. Got a 20% pay bump. :slayer: take that into consideration when sending me an offer lol

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was just my second wear. Last time im wearing them too, yesterday was such a ****** day. If you are a size 12D, pm me if interested. The first time I wore them was for an interview. Got a 20% pay bump.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
take that into consideration when sending me an offer lol

How is the sizing on the Belgraves? I'm on the border of a 12D/11.5E for the 240 last for Brooks Brothers and lean towards the 11.5E.

clock

Reaction score

There has been some discussion of doing a special order austerity brogue through A Fine Pair of Shoes. It would be the Alfred Sargent Blake (from the handgrade line) done to benchgrade standards.

I settled down with a pair of Cheaney Imperial Balmoral austerity brogue, received the shoes today. :D

clock

Reaction score
But one unlucky incident happened to me today at work, my audley was scuffed in the toe probably victimised by some nail under the table. the scuff is short less than 1 cm, but deep. I tried some was polish to cover the scuff up but to no avail. any advice and trick?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How is the sizing on the Belgraves?  I'm on the border of a 12D/11.5E for the 240 last for Brooks Brothers and lean towards the 11.5E. 

fits tts 12D. I am on the narrow side of 12D so I can sense that these may be too big for me.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking to buy a pair of westbournes from the Barneys sale, but given that they're final sale and there doesn't appear to be anyone that stocks them in seattle, I was hoping for some sizing help. I wear 9.5D in the AE 5 last and barneys has them in 9.5 medium US, would those sizes be about the same?

I take a 9.5D-US/8.5E-UK in the Westbourne and I wear 9D-US in AE's 5 last.

BoboMax

Reaction score
awww shiiiiiiit the westbournes are sold out at barneys omfggggggggggggggg

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Any Englishmen in the Midlands could do a lot worse than have a gander at the C&J stuff I saw in the Bullring TK Maxx in Brum today. Had to double-take as it's not what you'd expect to see amongst their usual tat. Unusually, they also had their original boxes.

Shite mobile pics below. They had the Lincoln (£170), the Lowndes (£190) and the Bradford (£250) amongst them - none marked subs although some of the midsole edges looked in need of a lick of polish:

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CTB, you're PM box is gonna get flooded with proxy requests. Just sayin. :laugh:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I settled down with a pair of Cheaney Imperial Balmoral austerity brogue, received the shoes today. :D

Care to post pics when you get the chance? They have been on my radar... however, been leaning to just get suck it up and get Vass... in SHELL :slayer:

C&J should make a proper Austerity... anyone know if they've ever had a model?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads