• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here.
Have yours always been that lighter shade @stephenaf2003 or have they become lighter over time?
Yeah, they’ve always been this color, but this is only the second wear so they’re still pretty young. And, I believe as someone stated, Light colored shell tends to darken over time.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
I would love for my Whiskey Harlechs to have been the (light) shade of yours. But that’s how it is with shell, I guess, you never really know what they’ll look like. And I still love mine.
Ah, that indeed is personal preference. I am glad that my pair of Whiskey Harlechs is somewhat darker. And it has quite some colour variance. That is what I like about Shell.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

George Red

Reaction score
I haven’t seen any discussion concerning C&J’s development of the new 379 last, a much more refined version of the previous and classic 236. Gents, I own 42 pairs of shoes comprised of different makers (mostly C&J). The 379 last is, in my humble opinion, and at least for me, the best fitting/looking last out there. It’s absolutely flawless. Think of the 236, but with a facelift. Any other takers out there? I can’t stop f****ng wearing these.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
I haven’t seen any discussion concerning C&J’s development of the new 379 last, a much more refined version of the previous and classic 236. Gents, I own 42 pairs of shoes comprised of different makers (mostly C&J). The 379 last is, in my humble opinion, and at least for me, the best fitting/looking last out there. It’s absolutely flawless. Think of the 236, but with a facelift. Any other takers out there? I can’t stop f****ng wearing these. View attachment 1244873View attachment 1244874View attachment 1244875View attachment 1244876
I don't know. The last looks more elongated than the 236. The main reason why I like the 236 is the classic round shape. If I need it a bit more modern I take my 341 lasted Oxfords. But then I have never seen the 379 in real life.

aristoi bcn

Reaction score
The 379 looks very similar to the 341, which I really like and fits me like a glove.

btw, do you know where to buy the Radstock in black calf with leather sole in regular width? I think C&J does not have it in stock.

George Red

Reaction score
I don't know. The last looks more elongated than the 236. The main reason why I like the 236 is the classic round shape. If I need it a bit more modern I take my 341 lasted Oxfords. But then I have never seen the 379 in real life.
Honestly, a side-by-side comparison reveals that the 236 and 379 lasts have nearly identical toe shapes. The 379 last isn’t AS perfectly round, but the difference is minimal. Where the 379 last excels is everywhere else - narrower, more beveled waist, finely sculpted heel, and an all-around more tailored fit.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlined Whiskey Harvard's... it would be nice to get some traction on the Whiskey Marlow Penny Fullstrap Double Leather Sole GTMO while the exchange rate is favorable. Would be an insanely great looking shoe specially built for us.

IMG_1070.JPG

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.