• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Stani777

Reaction score
Purdey stock their own version of Coniston in rough-out suede. I can see the obvious difference but what construction those boots are? Doesn't look like a standart GW to me. Veldtschoen?

Attachments

• purdey_coniston1.png
    purdey_coniston1.png
    736.8 KB · Views: 184
  • purdey_coniston2.png
    purdey_coniston2.png
    764.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purdey stock their own version of Coniston in rough-out suede. I can see the obvious difference but what construction those boots are? Doesn't look like a standart GW to me. Veldtschoen?

Does look potentially Veldtschoen but hard to be sure.

Paneristiman

Reaction score
Connaught II seems to be one of the news for AW19. On city sole.
Might need a black pair, or maybe i prefer Hallam

Savile III is also new right?

Link in Swedish
For those of you who can read Swedish/want some discount on their new Crockett & Jones;
I noticed that https://hammargruppen.se/ just launched their website and is offering a 10% discount with the code "URBILDNINGSRADION10". You also get free shoe tree shoe trees with all Crockett & Jones shoes.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
For those of you who can read Swedish/want some discount on their new Crockett & Jones;
I noticed that https://hammargruppen.se/ just launched their website and is offering a 10% discount with the code "URBILDNINGSRADION10". You also get free shoe tree shoe trees with all Crockett & Jones shoes.

Just wondering, do they offer VAT exclusion for Non-EU customer?

Hasselmannen

Reaction score
Thank you!! Ordered one pair of tan Pembrokes and one dark brown belt to match my Audley and Bradfords. Can’t wait

I noticed that hammargruppen just launched their website and is offering a 10% discount with the code "URBILDNINGSRADION10". You also get free shoe tree shoe trees with all Crockett & Jones shoes.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it happen to you that your laces get loose during the day?

Being a boot wearer more than 90% of the time, this was a problem for me until I found this method. Problem magically solved.

Fonz4

Reaction score
Being a boot wearer more than 90% of the time, this was a problem for me until I found this method. Problem magically solved.

Oh thank you. I'll try!

Yes. But only slightly. How bad does yours loosen?
Well, not that much but for example if I tie very tied I don't have space for the ankles to move, so loosing it a little will give me problem during the day. Sometimes it happens that the laces flip away from the upper studs/speed hooks.

Last edited:

Hasselmannen

Reaction score
Oh thank you. I'll try!

Well, not that much but for example if I tie very tied I don't have space for the ankles to move, so loosing it a little will give me problem during the day. Sometimes it happens that the laces flip away from the upper studs.

Just an idea, but maybe you can let your cobbler remove the speed hooks and put eyelets all the way up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads