• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, big PSA for cheap (!) C&J models:

There are two makes here: Cheaney and C&J. The C&J models are from Bodily's Mayfair line.

The C&J models are priced slightly higher than the Cheaney ones.

If you stack the 10% off coupon, the C&J models come out to just under, or just over $300.

I got this model for $310US:

Only one that really interests me is the balmoral boot, but don't think that is C&J as it's not listed on Bodiley's Mayfair page:

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flylikeneagle

Reaction score
Hey guys, big PSA for cheap (!) C&J models:

There are two makes here: Cheaney and C&J. The C&J models are from Bodily's Mayfair line.

The C&J models are priced slightly higher than the Cheaney ones.

If you stack the 10% off coupon, the C&J models come out to just under, or just over $300.

I got this model for $310US:

Thanks for sharing. How do you get 10% off coupon?

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Among C&J loafers, does anyone choose different size for Cavendish Cordovan Loafer compare to other loafers? ( Harvard, Boston ...etc)

All my C&J shoes' sizes are UK7. But when I try Cavendish Cordovan Loafer, I had quite significant heel slips, so I tried UK6.5, but feels really tight on my right pinky toe. (FYI, my left foot size UK6.5ish and right foot size is UK7)

Is it normal for you guys either? In this case, would you recommend UK7 or UK6.5?

Last edited:

Fonz4

Reaction score
Among C&J loafers, does anyone choose different size for Cavendish Cordovan Loafer compare to other loafers? ( Harvard, Boston ...etc)

All my C&J shoes' sizes are UK7. But when I try Cavendish Cordovan Loafer, I had quite significant heel slips, so I tried UK6.5, but feels really tight on my right pinky toe. (FYI, my left foot size UK6.5ish and right foot size is UK7)

Is it normal for you guys either? In this case, would you recommend UK7 or UK6.5?
In an email they said to me that I should pick the same size as my other shoes in 325 last. This unless Coniston boots (which I have) are slightly roomy -> in this case go half size down.

If I order then I pick the same size because linen socks (by bresciani) in summer are still thick as Falke invisible ones.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
In an email they said to me that I should pick the same size as my other shoes in 325 last. This unless Coniston boots (which I have) are slightly roomy -> in this case go half size down.

If I order then I pick the same size because linen socks (by bresciani) in summer are still thick as Falke invisible ones.
Thank you. But since heel slips are significant on both feet, I think that I should go half size down. By the way, does cordovan leather stretch out a bit? or totally not stretch out even after break-in period?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That last might just not be for you then.

Thank you. But since heel slips are significant on both feet, I think that I should go half size down. By the way, does cordovan leather stretch out a bit? or totally not stretch out even after break-in period?
Cordovan really doesn't stretch that much.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t know about anyone else’s experience, but not a single pair of my shell have stretched.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to move Brown Shell Galway 2 double leather BNIB never even tried on. 8.5E u know the drill i..
want to offer my brotheren first.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
I have one pair in 6.5E listed in B&S, I guess Arundel is the model name and they are possibly on 72 last.
The one i have seen is definitely another shoe than the one you have for sale. I reckon it is perhaps if the shoe is made by Shipton & Heneage.

Can anyone confirm this?

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Hi Gents, just out of curiosity, how much price of Audley/Belgrave oxford or cordovan loafer consider as steal?

If anyone bought on sale, can I ask you how much did you guys paid?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.