• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much over $800? Isn’t it just 2% over anything above $800?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much over $800? Isn’t it just 2% over anything above $800?
No I believe it's over the entire amount. I was charged around $90 for a pair of $900 carmina shoes. Carmina reimbursed me, so it was all fine in the end

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I’m about to purchase, but I’m afraid that I need to pay additional import/custom fee if the value is over $800. Anyone could give me advice, it would be great.

Most of them from France use DHL and DHL never misses out on duties.
If you have them use French Post, it might be 50/50 risk.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still breaking in my CJ for Ralph Lauren marlow brown shell cordovan loafers (w/ J.M. Weston) socks!
Happy Monday
IMG_0449.JPG

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I’m about to purchase, but I’m afraid that I need to pay additional import/custom fee if the value is over $800. Anyone could give me advice, it would be great.

A quick view of the site shows nothing over $800. What shoe are you thinking of purchasing? Remember, they should remove VAT and shipping doesn't count in the fee I believe

jamesnyc

Reaction score
A quick view of the site shows nothing over $800. What shoe are you thinking of purchasing? Remember, they should remove VAT and shipping doesn't count in the fee I believe

I’m trying to purchase two at once. And I’m sure that $800 value will be in total value of package. So, wondering anyone paid additional fee if he/she purchases over $800 from La botte

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Most of them from France use DHL and DHL never misses out on duties.
If you have them use French Post, it might be 50/50 risk.

I see. Through DHL, I gotta pay then. Thanks for letting me know! Wonder how other retailers ship from Europe to US without import/custom fee

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to purchase two at once. And I’m sure that $800 value will be in total value of package. So, wondering anyone paid additional fee if he/she purchases over $800 from La botte
Is there an incentive to buying 2 at once? If not, split up the order. I guess you’ll have to see if fees are greater than 2x shipping charges.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see. Through DHL, I gotta pay then. Thanks for letting me know! Wonder how other retailers ship from Europe to US without import/custom fee
My recent Coniston order from Borghini Classic in Italy was sent via DHL. I didn’t have to pay any duty fee.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
In my experience, sometimes, additional custom fee comes after a month or so.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

They do that by declaring a low value.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of heel stiffener is used in handgrades?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics