• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I should have clarified. I was converting to US sizing so I'm looking at UK9.5E.
I think standard conversion is to go one size down from your US Brannock size. From what I understand Trubalance is a half a size bigger than Brannock, so your Brannock would be approximately 11 for length. If that is the case you would take a UK10 or 10.5.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking to purchase my first pair of C&Js and have a question on sizing. I'm looking at the Coniston on the 325 last. For reference I am a 10.5d on the Alden trubalance and 10.5d on Red Wing #8 (Iron Ranger). Based on that do you think 10.5d on the 325 is a good place to start?

Thank you!

FWIW, I'm a US8D on the Alden Barrie and a UK7E on the 325 last.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry I should have clarified. I was converting to US sizing so I'm looking at UK9.5E.

I wear US10.5D Trubalance and UK9.5E in 325. The trubalance is a relatively looser fit for me than the 325.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking to purchase my first pair of C&Js and have a question on sizing. I'm looking at the Coniston on the 325 last. For reference I am a 10.5d on the Alden trubalance and 10.5d on Red Wing #8 (Iron Ranger). Based on that do you think 10.5d on the 325 is a good place to start?

Thank you!

I’ve had good luck just going one size down from US in the 228, 325, 335, 341, and 365 lasts.

I’m a bannock US10.5D and wear UK9.5E in all of the before mentioned lasts. I wear 10B/D in Alden trubalance. So you might want it consider UK10E in C&J lasts.

Abq505

Reaction score
I’ve had good luck just going one size down from US in the 228, 325, 335, 341, and 365 lasts.

I’m a bannock US10.5D and wear UK9.5E in all of the before mentioned lasts. I wear 10B/D in Alden trubalance. So you might want it consider UK10E in C&J lasts.

Very helpful sizing feedback from everyone. Thank you so much!

I decided to stick with my trubalance size and ordered the UK9.5E. I ordered from Todd Snyder and they have free returns so if I need to exchange for a bigger size it will be no problem.

Thank again everyone! Excited for my first pair of CJs.

ezev

Reaction score
my beloved conistons in the Wicklow Mountains.

01C2BD98-EE1D-4599-B72A-74CA59F012F2.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very helpful sizing feedback from everyone. Thank you so much!

I decided to stick with my trubalance size and ordered the UK9.5E. I ordered from Todd Snyder and they have free returns so if I need to exchange for a bigger size it will be no problem.

Thank again everyone! Excited for my first pair of CJs.

Todd Snyder listings for some UK sized footwear is super janky. When I ordered some Conistons from them they were listed on the site as UK9.5-US10.5 but I received UK10. I thought they just made an error so I reordered while I sent the first pair back. Second pair was also UK10. Ordered the listed as UK9-US10. Finally received UK9.5. Bitched at them about it and at least they credited me 10%. They said they would fix the listings. Doesn't look like they have. This was over a year ago.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have officially given up on the dainite soles on my Grasmeres ever being comfortable for my feet. I sent them to the NYC store, who will then send them to the factory for a new leather sole. I am hoping this works out well as I love the fit and look of the upper. Has anyone else had experience with a sole switch like this from the factory? Good? Bad? As expected?

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want the practicality of rubber soles and aesthetic (to some degree) of single leather soles, you may want to consider their City thin rubber sole. However, nothing beats the cool sound of a leather sole on the pavement ..

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Had anyone bought C&J pair from La Botte Chantilly, a French shoe store, and shipped to the US? How was your experience?

Also, after placed order from La Botte, if your value of shoes was over $800, did you guys pay additional import/custom fee? (I have sent email to them, but no response) Thank you in advance.

Link: https://www.la-botte.com/

jamesnyc

Reaction score
Can't tell about US shipping but I have heard nothing but good comments from their french customers!

Thank you for your answer. I’m about to purchase, but I’m afraid that I need to pay additional import/custom fee if the value is over $800. Anyone could give me advice, it would be great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads