1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

2. mrjamescost

mrjamescost Distinguished Member

If you are a 10.5 with a boot, you are taking a big - and not advisable - gamble going for a half size larger with an oxford. Once again, consider going to a store and trying on the shoes. You might think you’re saving money on this deal, but if they don’t fit and/or aren’t comfortable, it’s money down the drain. I have been your guinea pig. Time to make the sensible choices. I’m sure a size 10 (perhaps your best bet) Consul in walnut will become available at a reduced price in the not too distant future.

3. Zapasman

Zapasman Distinguished Member

20190211_193424.jpg

4. Reiver

Reiver Senior Member

Right, I was thinking along the lines of the boot being more spacious than the oxford making half a size up in the oxford feasible.

You probably have a point though. I might hold out as there’s no rush whatsoever.

5. Stiglitz

Stiglitz Well-Known Member

Reiver, what size are you on the Aldwych? If you’re a 10.5 on those too I’d follow the previous advice and pass on the Connaught. Howeve if you’re an 11 on the Aldwych it might be worth trying the Connaught (if you can get free delivery).

However as Nikola has said, its a bold colour. Personally the chestnut burnished calf is one of my favourites (I have the Finsbury) it goes well with some of my navy suits and trousers, but they are quite striking. If you want something a bit more subtle (& given the Connaught is quite a conservative last) burnished chestnut might be best avoided

6. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

31ADFF0B-9174-451F-8DA1-9AAC6D264854.jpeg 2E09D04B-FEDF-4C44-B37B-8B5100A8D8CC.jpeg Lindricks needing nourishment ..

7. Reiver

Reiver Senior Member

I'm 10.5 in Aldwych so probably not worth it

8. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

double post

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

9. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

Just a quick online payment alert about morsepoint's site, hope you guys all used paypal, I didn't see this option at first so I put my visa info in, didn't go through then I found paypal and placed the order.
    Today I had three fraud transactions made online, all in America, Chase blocked them and deactivated my card.
    That was the only time I used the card for online payment, so I'm pretty certain.
    Well guys, always go with paypal if possible!

10. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

I don't know if Chase does this, but Citi allows me to generate a virtual account number for online transactions, so if that number is compromised it's only that number and not my real card number, though my other information is up for grabs.

11. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior Member

Shady, shady, shady.

12. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

Sorry you had to go through that man.
    I looked at that website for about a month over the holidays, before I decided it was not a risk I was willing to take. So, I passed on all those great prices....glad I did

13. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

It's alright now Chase is taking care of it, thought people should be aware.
    Nothing wrong with the site I hope, maybe just international online transactions are easy targets.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

14. Schweino

Schweino Senior Member

Did you let morsepoint know what happened? I fortunately used PayPal.

15. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

Not yet, will do probably after I have Chase done their investigation.