1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. nygooner

nygooner Active Member

Had a fraudulent transaction this morning - just cancelled my card. Thanks for the flags. It’s certainly morsepoint transaction related (edited to remove implication it was morsepoint themselves since people have said worldpay is perhaps the likelier culprit).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

2. JKSR116

JKSR116 Member

Sorry to learn that you've had the same problem.

Thankfully I received my boots (Harlech) without any problems, so hopefully for your sake yours will arrive eventually.

My credit card company has cancelled my card. This is the only purchase that I've ever made with this particular card, so it's hard for me to believe that our respective purchases from Morsepoint are a coincidence. To be clear (for legal reasons - I'm a lawyer!), I'm not alleging anything untoward on Morsepoint's part - as you say, it may be an issue with the payment processor or a security issue with their website.

I'm going to email Morsepoint now. I'm also filling in an online fraud report with the National Fraud Centre here in the UK.

And to @IsoE - again, many thanks for alerting me and potentially others.

3. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Guys,
    It's WorldPay, not Morsepoint that is a problem. Whenever I paid through a WorldPay, I would receive scam phone calls pretending to be customer service from my bank demanding that I verify the transaction by giving them a full credit card number and security code from the back of the card.

4. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

You're very welcome, hope others who might be affected go quickly check their accounts and hopefully no more damage.
    I'll flag this to paypal and my bank as well. Writing email to morsepoint now, at least their full awareness and mitigation actions should be taken.

5. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

Yep as soon as I loaded the item in my cart and saw world pay, I was like...nope.

Still, I was very tempted to go ahead and purchase anyway, as I would look at their site three or four times a week. Crazy stuff!

6. EnglishShoes

EnglishShoes Senior Member

Gents - really sorry to hear about these problems with the Morsepoint purchases. Thanks for flagging up the issue and raising awareness.

I ordered the suede chelseas through Morsepoint on my Credit Card. The boots arrived promptly. I just checked my credit card payments and I can't see anything unexpected.... yet.

However, prompted by your experiences I have proactively cancelled my card as a precaution.

7. morsepoint

morsepoint Senior Member

Hello guys,

As an owner of the business, reading above comments does not put my company into a good light.

However I would like to make clear and clarify a few details.

Yes we do use Worldpay as payment processing provider, however all the payments are handled by the Worldpay not by us. All we can do from our side to make sure the safety of our customers comes first is.

Firstly we use https, we have ssl technology in place, including extended validation of the company by geotrust.

Secondly we also have sharkgate cloud based firewall in place, protecting the website against known and emerging web application threats.

Thirdly, we dont store neither see your credit card details.

Please use this tool http://www.ssltrust.info/ or https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php taping the website www.morsepoint.co.uk to see our website is clean and safe and it has not been compromised.

I have however after reading the above comments decided to swap the payment processing provider from Worldpay to someone else.

I do symphatise will all of you guys, and I would like to make it clear the fault is not on our side. If you are still keen on purchasing from us, please use paypal option instead of paying by card. Paypal option is visible after adding product into cart, then click view cart and its right on the bottom.

Please accept my sincere apology for an inconvenience caused.

Tomas

8. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior Member

Thanks for the post. I checked my card right away and there are 13 fraudulent transactions on my credit card as well!!

9. flylikeneagle

flylikeneagle Senior Member

Doesn't C&J mail order service use Worldpay? Don't think I've ever had any fraudulent transactions on my Amex (last payment to C&J was around Thanksgiving), but will need to check.

10. EnglishShoes

EnglishShoes Senior Member

Tomas, thanks for your response on this matter.

I was given the confidence to purchase after seeing the impressive security credentials on your site. It seems like the problem may well have been with Worldpay, so it sounds like a good move to source a different payments processing system.

I will be without a credit card for a week while I wait for the new one. However, the boots I received more than make up for that minor inconvenience.

11. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

This is very weird and appears quite site specific as I used Worldpay from time to time but never had such problems

12. Schweino

Schweino Senior Member

13. morsepoint

morsepoint Senior Member

Its called unfortunately EG and CJ protectionism against doing the business outside of UK. Hence my decision, stop dealing with the suppliers telling my business how to do the business, in particular CJ, therefore you see reductions on my site as I have finished dealing with them.

14. stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003 Distinguished Member

Regardless of EG and C&J’s approach to how they sell their shoes, just a word of advice. You shouldn’t leave your customers hanging. This is the first response I’ve heard from you. Despite multiple e-mail inquiries to you.

Thank you for informing us about what happened.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

15. IsoE

IsoE Well-Known Member

Even bigger fireballs!
    30 mins ago, the credit card linked to my paypal account just got hacked too and made an one thousand purchase!

Folks, paypal checkout as well, security check real quick!!