• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Massive warning about ordering UK sized shoes from Todd Snyder though.
*The listed UK size is not what you will receive.*

If they have it listed as 10US/9UK the size is actually 9.5UK.
I ended up having to order 3 pairs of those green Conistons to get my actual size.
Order one pair at 10.5US/9.5UK. They sent 10UK. I thought they messed up so sent them back and ordered another of the same.
Received 10UK again. Sent those back and ordered what was listed as 10US/9UK to get 9.5UK.
I bitched at them and they gave me back 10%. Returns were free.

I ordered some Tricker's soon after listed as 10US/9UK and got 9.5UK.

Edit: It looks like some of the newer stock UK sized shoes are listed with a half size difference US/UK. Maybe you'll get the listed UK size.

That sounds super confusing

tkliebert

Reaction score
Massive warning about ordering UK sized shoes from Todd Snyder though.
*The listed UK size is not what you will receive.*

If they have it listed as 10US/9UK the size is actually 9.5UK.
I ended up having to order 3 pairs of those green Conistons to get my actual size.
Order one pair at 10.5US/9.5UK. They sent 10UK. I thought they messed up so sent them back and ordered another of the same.
Received 10UK again. Sent those back and ordered what was listed as 10US/9UK to get 9.5UK.
I bitched at them and they gave me back 10%. Returns were free.

I ordered some Tricker's soon after listed as 10US/9UK and got 9.5UK.

Edit: It looks like some of the newer stock UK sized shoes are listed with a half size difference US/UK. Maybe you'll get the listed UK size.
Fingers crossed that they have corrected this and send me the listed size I purchased.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Navy nubuck Chelsea 5
YKXbT1rLTCmvBsDTOocsAg.jpg

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this shoe at Paul Stuart is C&J? Any info on last and sizing would be helpful too:

https://www.paulstuart.com/wing-tip-blutcher.html

I don't know if they are C&J (Paul Stuart generally prices the C&J made shoes at $688), but they are really nice looking. And, you cannot lose at that price. Also, I believe that if you sign up for e-mails from Paul Stuart you will get a code for 15% off your first purchase.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are C&J. The punch pattern confirms.. looks like last 325. I would cop those if my size at that price.

Banks

Reaction score
I’m hoping to pick up my first pair of Crockett & Jones (either the Malton or the Swansea) and was hoping for some feedback regarding the fit of the 360 & 341 lasts. I currently wear (all with thin dress socks):
  • Alfred Sargent 724 last (Moore) - 9F
    • A tad bit wide but fit fairly well. Length is just about perfect and it fits my instep well (eyelets just about fully close when laced). Only noticeable issue is excess volume above my toes.
  • Carmina Rain last - 9 (standard width)
    • Fit slightly better than Alfred Sargent 724. Length and width are just about perfect and it fits my instep well (eyelets just about fully close when laced). Only noticeable issue is excess volume above my toes.
  • J.Fitzpatrick SEA last - 9 (standard width)
    • Derby shoe that is the best fitting dress shoe I own. J.Fitzpatrick describes this last as “our most fitted last, offering a very hugging feeling through the arch/heel/forefoot, adding a tiny bit of length in the toe.” This shoe fits me perfectly in length, width, instep and in toe volume (avoiding the excess space in the toe area that all of my other dress shoes have).
  • Carlos Santos 234 last - 8.5 (standard width)
    • About half of the feedback that I read about this last said to size down a half size; the others said go with your Carmina Rain size. They don’t fit quite as well as the Rain last but sizing down was the right call as the length and width is good and instep fits perfectly. Same issue as the others with excess volume in toe area.
  • Alfred Sargent 109 last - 8.5F
    • A pair of loafers that fit just okay in width and length. I added a heel grip to keep my heel from slipping out when I walk and they fit well now.
I’ve read mixed feedback on the 360 & 341 lasts, where some people say to go TTS and others suggest dropping down a half size. I prefer when a last has a more hugging feel, though that might not apply to either of these.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dd1101

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know the Corks in Whisky Shell? Do you have pics in the wild?

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Hi there, some sizing advice please.

If i wear a UK6 in Chiltern (last 224), what what your recommendation for sizing in Calf Bradford (last 341) be? The place that i am considering ordering the shoes from recommend that i go for UK6 in Bradford as well.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

tonicab

Reaction score
I am 8,5UK in 348.
9UK in 376
9UK in Edward Green.
8,5UK ni Carlos Santos.
9UK in Carmina Forest, 8,5UK in Detroit.

224?

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question to all who own/have worn/tried on the Radnor or Snowdon: How does the 228 last compare with the 325? It seems as though there is a bit more vertical toe room? Overall, same size for both lasts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads