• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

kbuzz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on how the skye 335 last compares to the 240 last of the B.B. branded conistons

I can manage the 240 but just barely for my low volume feet

Thanks

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on how the skye 335 last compares to the 240 last of the B.B. branded conistons

Thanks

In my experience, 335 last is wider but shorter than 240. 335 last sadly did not work for my feet. I am very comfortable in 240, 325, 341, 337

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beading is natural as I haven’t done anything to these other than damp cloth and brush them.

Pebble grain is usually less supple calfskin that is embossed. The embossing compresses the leather which I think closes some of the pores. Also veldtschoen construction has an additional water resistant liner.

My feet definitely didn’t get wet!

dcinitial

Reaction score
Nice! Ideas if the zug leather itself has some inherent water repellant properties?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_4976.JPG

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Just want to confirm that you are referring to these:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Cordovan-Boots/621H,default,pd.html

I have the older version of those (DL instead of Dainite), the Sky II cordovan, and Conistons.
Not sure if they are meant to be a pointier version of Conistons or a roomier version of Harlechs. That's where they sit for me.

For the most part, the 335 is roomier toe box version of the 325. The 325 and the 335 are both slight inner pointed toe boxes - the point is closer to the big toe. The 240, similar to the 341, is a center pointed toe box. To me, the 240 is a roomier version of the 341.
If you have small feet, you might consider 1/2 sizing down.

Bleedblue

Reaction score
Measured at a 7.5 UK in London for the 325 and 335. I took the Peal cordovan boots at a 8 US. They fit well everywhere but a touch short and narrow in the heel. Oddly the Peal cordovan wingtips in 8 US fit well in length, a touch narrow in the forefoot, and wide in the heel. So, try them on because there’s variance, is what I’m saying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads