1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mogili222

mogili222 Senior Member

@IsoE I do not see anything of concern on the welt. you are good. Islays are beautiful boots which only look even better with some wear.

2. IsoE

IsoE New Member

Thank you so much, might just bit of OCD going on. Yes they're indeed beautiful, will rotate them with Stow and see which get more aging glory:).

3. mrjamescost

mrjamescost Senior Member

I think companies like Crockett & Jones can be victims of their own standards. We constantly hear and read how they aim for near perfection, etc.. So the moment we see so much as a bend in the welt we panic that it might be a second. The boot looks good. :)

4. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Looks pretty normal. I'd say it's within the acceptable limit of flaws.

5. IsoE

IsoE New Member

Many thanks, glad to hear. I have only two pairs with 'storm welt', and the other one has nearly zero aesthetic fuss, but always good to know~

6. caffed

caffed Member

The 365 is more round and taller in the toe box than the 335. You might be able to size down 1/2 on the 365. Everyone’s feet are different so it may backfire. It’s always best to try them on if you can.

7. POWONGOR

POWONGOR New Member

Hello and nice to meet you all. Im going to buy a Harvard in shell cordovan, and may I ask what you guys think abt the Whisky color or Dark brown will be more easy to match with black and blue jeans as I want a casual style. Thank You for answer. Cheers

[​IMG]

8. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior Member

Hello and welcome! In my opinion, neither colours will match with black jeans. But honestly, you can’t go wrong with dark brown or whiskey. Dark brown might be more versatile but whiskey cordovan is a highly sought after colour.

9. POWONGOR

POWONGOR New Member

Thank you for your reply. And may I know is the Whisky color more rare than the dark brown?

10. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Whiskey shows flaws easier so requires higher quality hides.
    Even dark brown (cigar) is rare in the Alden world although C&J seems to have plenty.

I'd get the whiskey. Burgundy (#8) would probably be the most versatile color though.