• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick sanity check -> eBay SNAD case

tone76

Reaction score

Curious thing is the seller does have good feedback. Did he just send the wrong shoes and has not twigged on it yet?

That is possible, but given the comparison between the seller's photos and the OP photos, it does seem a little more than co-incidental that at least one of the seller's photos was taken where some of the worst damage was just out of shot ... in full.

As for the good feedback, maybe the seller has sold a lot of good stuff before. Or maybe his descriptions have been more accurate. That said, some people just leave good feedback to receive good feedback in return.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Curious thing is the seller does have good feedback. Did he just send the wrong shoes and has not twigged on it yet?
This happened to me when I complained to a seller for sending me trashed goods. I suggested to seller he may have sent me wrong item, and later on the seller was like "oh boy, I messed up good here". Seller paid for return shipping and I got the original item, and all was hunky dory.

I don't think so - if you look at the photos in the original auction, you can faintly see marks at the back of one heel. That's the same damage that shows up very clearly in the OP's photos, but I suspect that the seller deliberately avoided photographing it closely.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the shoes were trashed... but you could tell that from the original listing.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if you should or shouldn't win it... because you're the buyer, you will win it.

Swift-panda

Reaction score
If the worst comes about and you want to teach the guy a lesson, I believe there is a possibility this falls under the "Lanhamn Act" specifically false advertising. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/False+Advertising It would appear that the criterion are met as the misleading advertising lead you to make a purchase you obviously would not have made if there was full disclosure of the condition of said item.

I have never studied a day of law in my life though so am probably completely wrong. :p

Westbound

Reaction score

It doesn't really matter if you should or shouldn't win it... because you're the buyer, you will win it.

^ Yep.

As mentioned, OP could have done everything short of setting those shoes on fire, and Paypal will still rule in his favor. Very highly unlikely he'll need to escalate this claim to an outside source / his CC company, etc.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Those shoes have been rode hard and put away wet.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im still struggling to get my head around it. Very odd thing for a seller with 100% feedback to do. I personally would not even sell those shoes due to the potential for buyer hastle - they would either go to a thrift store or just get dumped. Im not even sure I would give them to my worst enemy. Very Very Odd situation.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This happened to me when I complained to a seller for sending me trashed goods. I suggested to seller he may have sent me wrong item, and later on the seller was like "oh boy, I messed up good here". Seller paid for return shipping and I got the original item, and all was hunky dory.

It's the same pair alright.

the shoes were trashed... but you could tell that from the original listing.

Unfortunately I couldn't

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you look at the seller's feedback you will see that this dude prolly used his mom's account to sell you those trashed shoes so he could use the cash for some meth or something.

Moral: don't buy used shoes.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Moral: don't buy used shoes.

That is exactly the lesson I learned, thanks. Promised myself this was the last pair of used shoes I bought.

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update:

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support about the shoes (item 110752209426) you bought from "boohoocollective" which was not as described. I'm sorry to hear that the transaction did not go as expected.

After reviewing the case, we have decided to have you return the item to the seller for a full refund! This means you will be refunded the cost of the item and the original postage to you. Please be aware that the return postage cost will be your responsibility and will not be included in the refund.

At this time we ask that you send the item out and upload the tracking information for the shipment to the case within the next 10 days. You can get the seller's shipping address as well as postage instructions in the Resolution Centre.

yay!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads