• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

QUICK!! Salt Works or PD&C?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Sample sale going on in NYC right now, I can cop a pair of SW jeans (Bedford Bootcut, Asphalt wash) for $50 or $60. Or.......... I can run over to Scoop and cop some PD&C jeans (2 year Bootcuts) for $79. I am only getting one pair right now. You guys are the experts - which would you go for?

greentea

Reaction score
dang, i dont know the las ttime i bought jeans for under 100.
blush.gif

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greentea
dang, i dont know the las ttime i bought jeans for under 100.
blush.gif

Sheesh, I was looking for advice here.

Does this help?

SW retails for $150
PDC retails for $176

Think in terms of full price.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I'm a fan of PDC, but my gut instinct of a good sale says go for the Salt Works.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go for the Salt Works, they look fairly nice...
PAAAAAIMPJKKBNDB.jpg
Edited, wrong wash.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own and wear both. PD is softer. SW has a coool feeling when you rub your hand across it. And it's a tighter fit. PD is more casual, lighter, and looser.

pacioli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I own and wear both. PD is softer. SW has a coool feeling when you rub your hand across it. And it's a tighter fit. PD is more casual, lighter, and looser.

cool feeling?

viking_mike

Reaction score
dozingoff.gif
neither...save that money and buy something nice

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
based on these replies i think i am going to go for the SW jeans. i was going to go yesterday but it rained like hell and i went to APC's store in SoHo instead. After these SW's a pair new crisp Rescues is on the horizon.

Was eyeing a pair of Nudie RRDS, but for $100+ less i think i'll stick with the APCs. It'll be my 1st pair of Dry's anyways so I think th Nudies can wait a while............

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Ok, got em..... not happy.... at all
confused.gif
fits great (waist, thigh)! thanks to the person who said they're kinda tight - so i went for the bigger of the 2 sizes i toggle between, 36. but the wash? the boot(FLARE)cut? not feeling em. whoever owns SW jeans - can you suggest another wash/cut please!! cuz its from this sample sale place i cant try them on. no refunds though so moneys in it for good. i wanna go right back over there on monday (they're conviniently closed tomorrow) and exchange for a diff wash/cut. what do you guys suggest - if anyhing......... PS: and please dont mention getting another brand, refer to where i said NO REFUNDS!!
smile.gif

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Essex straight looks decent... smoke wash?

do you think the thighs will be about the same? yeah, right?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I imagine so, I'm not familiar with that exact model but it looks similar on the pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads