• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

QUICK!! Salt Works or PD&C?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Sample sale going on in NYC right now, I can cop a pair of SW jeans (Bedford Bootcut, Asphalt wash) for $50 or $60. Or.......... I can run over to Scoop and cop some PD&C jeans (2 year Bootcuts) for $79. I am only getting one pair right now. You guys are the experts - which would you go for?

greentea

Reaction score
dang, i dont know the las ttime i bought jeans for under 100.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greentea
dang, i dont know the las ttime i bought jeans for under 100.

Sheesh, I was looking for advice here.

Does this help?

SW retails for $150
PDC retails for $176

Think in terms of full price.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
I'm a fan of PDC, but my gut instinct of a good sale says go for the Salt Works.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go for the Salt Works, they look fairly nice...
Edited, wrong wash.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own and wear both. PD is softer. SW has a coool feeling when you rub your hand across it. And it's a tighter fit. PD is more casual, lighter, and looser.

pacioli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I own and wear both. PD is softer. SW has a coool feeling when you rub your hand across it. And it's a tighter fit. PD is more casual, lighter, and looser.

cool feeling?

viking_mike

Reaction score
neither...save that money and buy something nice

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
based on these replies i think i am going to go for the SW jeans. i was going to go yesterday but it rained like hell and i went to APC's store in SoHo instead. After these SW's a pair new crisp Rescues is on the horizon.

Was eyeing a pair of Nudie RRDS, but for $100+ less i think i'll stick with the APCs. It'll be my 1st pair of Dry's anyways so I think th Nudies can wait a while............

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Ok, got em..... not happy.... at all
fits great (waist, thigh)! thanks to the person who said they're kinda tight - so i went for the bigger of the 2 sizes i toggle between, 36. but the wash? the boot(FLARE)cut? not feeling em. whoever owns SW jeans - can you suggest another wash/cut please!! cuz its from this sample sale place i cant try them on. no refunds though so moneys in it for good. i wanna go right back over there on monday (they're conviniently closed tomorrow) and exchange for a diff wash/cut. what do you guys suggest - if anyhing......... PS: and please dont mention getting another brand, refer to where i said NO REFUNDS!!

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Essex straight looks decent... smoke wash?

do you think the thighs will be about the same? yeah, right?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I imagine so, I'm not familiar with that exact model but it looks similar on the pictures.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 237 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.8%
  • 31 - 40