• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

quick question, if i thinnk fashionable looks bad, am i unfashionable?

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
lets say one does not know anything about fashion, how does one judge how clothing is put together? by what looks good to the naked eye ...now this is mostly opinionated, but say that something very fashionable clearly looks very bad to someone not very fashionable, and something un-fashionable looks very good
i am not exactly an amateur to fashion, but I'm obviously not someone who works in fashion and knows a lot either, so someone like me, do i choose what i think looks good to me or base it on what fashionable people wear, even though i think it might look bad

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I am trying to switch over to quality over fashion/quantity. As well as stick with timeless classics. For example, buying a pair of Allen Edmonds over a pair of $60 rockport dress shoes. The shoes are well made and will last (AE) for years and can be rebuilt.

Some people judge what looks good, by what the trends are, or what was on the runway. I guess its up to the individual....

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
well there is one standard to fashion that never fails for me, my father seems to have ingrained in my head that anything made in italy is good

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.