• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Question: Are these considered chisel toe or round toe?

sandhill

Reaction score
Are these considered chisel toe or round toe? and would you wear them?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chisel.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
neither... they look pointy to me
+1 to that

lennier

Reaction score
Yes, let's not emulate anything Italian, the slobs!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sandhill
whats SF's opinion on pointed shoes?

hmmm, I think the general consensus is that the preference is toward more rounded off toes, although I suspect it's just a backlack against extreme squared off ones. Still, look up pictures od Lobb and Edward Green lasts for example and you'll see lasts that are rounded off but still sleek, whereas some of the more 'rounded' Allen Edmonds end up looking a little blobby. Slightly clipped/chisseled toes are ok and I think the ones you posted aren't that pointy either, they're within normal limits and I think they look fine. when you say 'pointed', I'm picturing extremely elongated, which is a real
uhoh.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
hmmm, I think the general consensus is that the preference is toward more rounded off toes, although I suspect it's just a backlack against extreme squared off ones. Still, look up pictures od Lobb and Edward Green lasts for example and you'll see lasts that are rounded off but still sleek, whereas some of the more 'rounded' Allen Edmonds end up looking a little blobby. Slightly clipped/chisseled toes are ok and I think the ones you posted aren't that pointy either, they're within normal limits and I think they look fine. when you say 'pointed', I'm picturing extremely elongated, which is a real
uhoh.gif

+1. I think the shoes in the pic are not much different in shape from John Lobb's 8000 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads