• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quick Question: Are these considered chisel toe or round toe?

sandhill

Reaction score
Are these considered chisel toe or round toe? and would you wear them?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chisel.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
neither... they look pointy to me
+1 to that

lennier

Reaction score
Yes, let's not emulate anything Italian, the slobs!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sandhill
whats SF's opinion on pointed shoes?

hmmm, I think the general consensus is that the preference is toward more rounded off toes, although I suspect it's just a backlack against extreme squared off ones. Still, look up pictures od Lobb and Edward Green lasts for example and you'll see lasts that are rounded off but still sleek, whereas some of the more 'rounded' Allen Edmonds end up looking a little blobby. Slightly clipped/chisseled toes are ok and I think the ones you posted aren't that pointy either, they're within normal limits and I think they look fine. when you say 'pointed', I'm picturing extremely elongated, which is a real

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
hmmm, I think the general consensus is that the preference is toward more rounded off toes, although I suspect it's just a backlack against extreme squared off ones. Still, look up pictures od Lobb and Edward Green lasts for example and you'll see lasts that are rounded off but still sleek, whereas some of the more 'rounded' Allen Edmonds end up looking a little blobby. Slightly clipped/chisseled toes are ok and I think the ones you posted aren't that pointy either, they're within normal limits and I think they look fine. when you say 'pointed', I'm picturing extremely elongated, which is a real

+1. I think the shoes in the pic are not much different in shape from John Lobb's 8000 last.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 83 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 41 8.5%