• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick question about jeans in the freezer

changed

Reaction score
Is it imperative that your jeans go in a plastic bag when you put em in the freezer? I plan on leaving them overnight, and I don't have a big bag. Will they freeze or something if they aren't in a bag?

Also, will the beer smell come out in the freezer?

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
well i should definately start doing it then
wink.gif

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm basing this response only on rumors I've heard elsewhere on styleforum and other hideouts on the internets, because my personal freezer is just big enough to fit my underwear, and that's about it. Buuut, from what I've heard, the freezer only disables the odor-causing bacteria momentarily, until they warm themselves up by their tiny fires and come out to play once more.

A better solution, I've heard, is to hang the jeans up outside all day. If you don't have easy access to that outdoors thing, I also heard hanging the jeans in the bathroom while taking a steamy shower helps lessen the odor. These methods supposedly remove the conditions that the bacteria need to survive rather than just disable them temporarily. But, once again, these are rumors from teh interwebs.

Chrispy

Reaction score
I spilled like a full cup of Dos Equis down the right leg of my nudies. I let them air out for about a week, and the smell was nearly gone, and then febreeze. Ta Da

no idea about the bag though

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fibres will soak up atmospheric moisture and freeze. Not really an issue, except you get your jeans wet.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
so I'm not gonna get a serious answer?
Dude. Seriously? Did you even TRY using the search function?

changed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Do your jeans really smell that bad? I wear my jeans commando style every morning to run, and I always sweat in them. The smell isn't even there unless I put my nose onto the jeans.

I just went to a gigantic party with 2,000 drunk students, had beer dumped all over me all day. Basically bathed my Nudies in Keystone Light for 8 hours. So yeah, they smell like ****.

I put them in the freezer overnight, and it didn't kill any of the smell. Or maybe it is my Jack's that still smell like beer. Either way, I'm going to smell like I just came from the bar in class this morning.
lol8[1].gif

I'll hang em up when I get back and see if that works.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
I just went to a gigantic party with 2,000 drunk students, had beer dumped all over me all day. Basically bathed my Nudies in Keystone Light for 8 hours. So yeah, they smell like ****.

I put them in the freezer overnight, and it didn't kill any of the smell. Or maybe it is my Jack's that still smell like beer. Either way, I'm going to smell like I just came from the bar in class this morning.
lol8[1].gif

I'll hang em up when I get back and see if that works.

If you had tons and tons of beer spill on them, I would at the very least soak them....

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Dude if they have that much beer in them, just wash them and get rid of the smell like most any normal human person would.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
soak them and febreeze them. i don't think the freezer's gonna do anything to all that beer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads