1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question about Alden boot sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Epoq, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Epoq

Epoq Well-Known Member

I've done some searches but I still need a bit of clarification on boot sizing for Trublanace sized boots. I'm looking at getting a pair of Indy 405s. Basically my "normal" shoe size for tennis shoes is between an 11.5-12 depending on the brand. Most of my nicer shoes are sized 1/2 down because they are boat shoes. I wear an 11 in Sperry, Sebago, and most boots in general as they tend to run large. Would an 11 be an appropriate size for a pair of Alden boots with all of this considered?

Thanks to any who respond.

2. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

11 sounds about right with the information you have provided.

3. Epoq

Epoq Well-Known Member

Thanks much. Gonna go with that.

4. Epoq

Epoq Well-Known Member

Wanted to revive this thread to make sure I don't go wrong on my Alden sizing. I got a pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles, US 11 was my size. Since Trubalance says size down 1/2, should I go with a 10.5 in an Alden boot? Or stay with 11? Asking because I am going to pre-order a custom pair and want to make sure they are the correct size. Thanks!

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

It is rash to pre-order a custom pair of Aldens if you don't know your size and you're nervous about failure.

Take your time bro. Or, order them and don't give a fuck if the size is not right.

1 person likes this.
  6. Epoq

Epoq Well-Known Member

That's why I'm asking. In general, I feel like boot sizes are usually 1/2 a size smaller than your tennis shoe size. So I'm asking, does buying a pair of Trubalance measured shoes mean you need to go down another 1/2 a size or stay with your "normal" boot size?

7. cthip

cthip Senior member

I wear 1000 miles in a 10d and Indy boots in a 9.5d. They fit similarly.

The Aldens also seem to have stretched more over the years than the wolverines. Both are made of chromexcel.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

8. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

Can't say. Every foot is different. "1/2 size down" is general advice for the average person. YMMV.

Your best bet is to find an Alden Trubalance boot and try it on.

9. Epoq

Epoq Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for the advice. I am going to attempt to find a retailer that has Alden boots. As of now I only know of one that sells their dress shoes but no boots. If you are sizing down a half from your Wolverines hopefully I will be able to as well. I have pretty narrow feet, too.

10. Mute

Mute Senior member

I sized down by 1/2 on my 403s and they fit just fine. Go with the 1/2 size down recommendation unless you have some unusual fit issues.

11. cthip

cthip Senior member

the alden trubalance is also a little bit wider than the wolverine 1k. that is to say, the alden is probably a "normal" width, whereas the wolverine is longer and narrower than usual.

so, i wear a 10d in the wolverine 1k, and 9.5C would have probably been the right size for me (i have slightly narrow feet). the 9.5d alden fits fine, but if you have narrow feet (and like the way your wolverines fit), you might see if a C width is available in the alden trubalance that you're ordering.

12. cthip

cthip Senior member