1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Opinion: RLBL Shoulders (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Proudfda, Jul 16, 2013.

1. harryx2

harryx2 Senior member

Not really keen on the RLBL shoulders. Too wide I'm afraid.

2. Proudfda

Proudfda Member

I'll post an after tailoring picture as a follow-up for this one. I'm way excited to see the results!

3. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

OP, sorry if I hijacked your thread. Wanted to contribute since I've been eyeing my own RLBL.

4. Proudfda

Proudfda Member

Not at all! Glad it's a productive discussion...I'm really looking forward to the end results for mine.

5. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

6. othertravel

More RLBL fit pics: Thoughts?

1. Nigel Model in 40R. Fits much much better imo. The shoulder seems softer too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RLBL Anthony in 40R, double breasted. The shoulders seem a bit better than previous 40R models I tried. Maybe because it's double breasted?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Punjabjat

Punjabjat Well-Known Member

Don't like the look of them on your shoulders...

8. othertravel

Here's a comparison pic from the back:

The first pic is an Anthony in 40R

The second is a Nigel in 40R

Do the shoulders look better on the Nigel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cgo

cgo Senior member

Nigel is definitely better for you. RLBL used to have the Daniel model a few years back and they are only SC but the shoulder is excellent....very soft. I think Nigel is the new Daniel (although from last time I checked, it was not as soft as Daniel)

10. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

The back is cleaner on the Anthony. Also, there's no pulling on the button on the 42R Anthony, whereas there are wrinkles around the fastened button on the Nigel, indicating tightness. I would get the Anthony, but the most important question is your comfort when wearing the jackets.

11. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Yep I have an RLBL Daniel SC and it is absolutely lovely--fantastic soft shoulder. It's a navy twill fabric with a soft, textured hand. The jacket is quarter lined and has buttons under the lapels so that you can button the neck closed. The 38R fits me perfectly. I don't suppose anyone knows what jackets RL made in this cut? I would jump at the chance to buy another.

12. cgo

cgo Senior member

I asked RL when I was at the Mansion in May and they told me they no longer produce Daniel sadly.....

Malford of London have some really nice cashmere Daniel one at the moment (have a look at his website) but I was not quick enough to get the 36R or the 38R :(

13. mpark

mpark Member

I just joined and found your thread which included the RLBL Nigel in 40R. Would you mind providing your pit-to-pit, shoulder and sleeve measurements for comparison sake?

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Actually I still saw Daniel model in the states

15. cgo

cgo Senior member

That's because they start offering Daniel again now. I saw them in the website for the new season