1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quick matching question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQgeek, Apr 21, 2002.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

I have a pair of light beige hugo boss very fine suede moccasins. i also have a beige armani silk/rayon knit t-shirt that constrasts sharply with a pair of black armani, loose summer pants (cotton and rayon). The shirt and the pants look great together but i've never worn anything but black shoes with black pants (usually in the winter months). The shoes and the shirt are as perfect a match in color as you could expect and i have a matching suede belt to go with the shoes (although this particular shirt would cover it anyway), but can these shoes be worn with the pants and shirt? If not, what other shoes would look good with loose black pants for summer? The pants are very loose at the bottom so there's a lot of shoes that I just wouldn't wear with them. What color shoes can be worn with the pants i described?

2. FRATERNITYSTUD

FRATERNITYSTUD Well-Known Member

GQ Geek,
    I think you have to go with the black shoes with this outfit you are describing. It would look strange going from beige shirt to black trousers to beige shoes. But, I think you could wear the suede belt with the outfit. But this is just my take, hope it helps.

3. European Interloper

European Interloper Senior Member

I agree with Frat Stud, you really need to make sure the shoes match the trousers, not contrast. Black is certainly the best way to go, at least in my opinion.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Ok thanks. Guess it's the answer I expected heh.

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

If it looks good, if you like it, wear it. To hell with perceived opinions.
    (And of course if your feet are not too large, light-colored shoes make your feet look bigger.)