Quick Intro

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sartorially senseless, Mar 26, 2006.

1. sartorially senseless

sartorially senseless Senior member

Hello,

Let me introduce myself by telling everyone a little bit about myself. I have been lurking and reading posts and I have decided to take the plunge and make a post myself. I am a fresh graduate from university living on the west coast of Canada - namely the rainy, but beautiful, city of Vancouver.

I am currently working in a culture that regards dress pants and dress shirt as appropriate work wear. Several people in the office wear suits, and even fewer wear suits and ties.

Before graduation I started to build my wardrobe based 1 expensive suit, and 2 cheaper ones in the colors black, grey and navy respectively. The shirts I have purchased to date are either basic shades of blue or white. I have 1 pair of black shoes and 1 pair of lighter brown shoes. The black shoes are in need of replacing, and the lighter brown are basically brand new, as I'm not sure how to pair them up with what I have.

I am here in search of some assistance/suggestions regarding my future purchases and wardrobe choices. I plan to take some pictures of what I have thus far, and will require the assistance of the gentlemen of this board to make the proper choice henceforward.

Thank you to anyone who read this far. To the admin/mods: I introduced myself here because this is where I will mainly be posting, feel free to move it after everyone has had a chance to get to know me- Thanks.

Cheers,
    SS

2. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

Welcome to the board. We're glad to help you out.

3. sartorially senseless

sartorially senseless Senior member

thanks for the welcome.

also just noticed a member has a very similar nick as myself, so apologies go out to Sartorially Challenged...they say copying is the most sincere form of flattery

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Welcome! Glad to have you and hope we can be of assistance.

BTW, there is an Introduce Yourself thread here... if you feel like filling in some normal getting-to-know-you type of stuff.

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Welcome to the forum.

On the light-brown shoes - try them out with casual trousers (from khaki to olive to grey flannels), and think about them with your grey suit if it is not too dark. You've got to bite the bullet and start wearing them (or sell them on EBay right now while they are still close to pristine).

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Welcome to the forum. On the light-brown shoes - try them out with casual trousers (from khaki to olive to grey flannels), and think about them with your grey suit if it is not too dark. You've got to bite the bullet and start wearing them (or sell them on EBay right now while they are still close to pristine).
    Maybe an antiquing job is in order for those? I know that plain light brown shoes can look pretty odd, especially if your wardrobe choices aren't very adventurous at this point, but with some darker polish they start looking much better and seem to go well with more things.