• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quick help needed!- spilled salad dressing on my pants

theyare

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
37
What's the emergency stain prevent protocol here. They are camel brown wool suit pants.
Spill was a chunk of chicken covered in oil/vinegar based dressing

Help!

Of course, I can just call them office pants and call it a day
 

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
7,405
Reaction score
3,122
Do not put water on it and do not rub it. Get some baby powder, put a good amount on that covers the spot. Wait as long as you can, couple hours is good. Brush the powder off. The powder will absorb the oil.
 

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
24
Isn't this what dry cleaners are for?
 

theyare

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
37
Originally Posted by Despos
Do not put water on it and do not rub it. Get some baby powder, put a good amount on that covers the spot. Wait as long as you can, couple hours is good. Brush the powder off. The powder will absorb the oil.

hmmm, no baby powder here in the office.

Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Isn't this what dry cleaners are for?

sure, but trying to avoid a permanent stain, plus i have to wear the pants to a party tonight.
 

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
38
Go to store. Buy new pants.
 

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
5,089
Reaction score
201
Originally Posted by theyare
hmmm, no baby powder here in the office.



In that case use detergent (washing up soap). Has worked for me every time.
 

KingOfTheForum

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
You fumbling fool.....Seriously, how about washing them when you make it home? If you need them clean right now, head to the bathroom and try your luck at soap and water.


That will teach you to buy stain-resistant pants next time.
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
21,584
Reaction score
3,801
Go home. Drop them in the cleaners and change for your party tonoght...
 

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
9,037
Reaction score
779
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum
You fumbling fool.....Seriously, how about washing them when you make it home? If you need them clean right now, head to the bathroom and try your luck at soap and water.


That will teach you to buy stain-resistant pants next time.


Real helpful. How are your triple pleated teflon-coated pants working out for you?
 

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
4,120
Reaction score
289
Tidestick.

At lunch I had a salad. The one piece of fucking lettuce that was soaked in Caesar took a dive, hitting my cotton pants and landing on my freaking suede Borrelli. Tidestick took care of the pants and I am still rubbing the shoe with a suede eraser and brush.

Talk about a double fuck.

Mike
 

kraftar

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
244
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by theyare
What's the emergency stain prevent protocol here. They are camel brown wool suit pants.
Spill was a chunk of chicken covered in oil/vinegar based dressing


3-second rule applies. If you didn't pick up the chicken w/in 3 seconds then you should toss it... otherwise it's safe to eat.
 

mogultv

Active Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
I agree. Take them to a dry cleaners. I had some olive oil spilled in a brand new suit and my cleaners got it all out.
 

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
43,096
Reaction score
69,801
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Tidestick.

At lunch I had a salad. The one piece of fucking lettuce that was soaked in Caesar took a dive, hitting my cotton pants and landing on my freaking suede Borrelli. Tidestick took care of the pants and I am still rubbing the shoe with a suede eraser and brush.

Talk about a double fuck.

Mike


Serves you right for trying to eat healthy! Get a hot dog next time, Mike!
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

  • JW Anderson x Uniqlo

  • Nigo x Virgil Abloh

  • Converse x Midnight Studios

  • Rick Owens x Champion

  • Barbour x Engineered Garments

  • Adidas x Bed JW Ford

  • Jordan Brand x Dior

  • Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

  • Lego x Levi's


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
448,556
Messages
9,707,383
Members
202,650
Latest member
karimagsedo
Top