Quick color co-ordination question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thumby55, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Thumby55

Thumby55 Member

Hey guys,
    I'm looking into buying a french cuffed shirt to be worn with a suit I recently purchased at Harry Rosen in Toronto. The suit is a black 2 button dealie, with faint dark red (rusty) pinstripes. Until now, I've been wearing a dress shirt that is the same color as the pinstripes, without a tie (open collared). I'm going to a cocktail party soon and would like to wear something a bit more striking, so I figured french cuffs would be the "order of the day".

Anyway, what colors would go well with the colors of the suit mentioned above? I'm a tall guy with blonde hair and blue eyes and a fair skintone.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

2. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

A solid pink or striped pink (I would suggest pinks that gravitate towards the red spectrum rather than baby pink to prevent white man "wash out") shirt with contrasting cuffs. And a black tie??

matt

3. Classic

Classic Senior member

Consider a white shirt with french cuffs, and a tie that picks up the red in the suit. Then a pocket square, again picking up the red in the suit, but with a bit more vibrant color.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If a pink shirt I would go with self color collar and cuffs. I personally don't much care for pale colored shirts with white collars and cuffs. But IMO it would look awesome with a darkish red (a little darker than Style Forum Logo Red) [​IMG] shirt with white collar and cuffs.

5. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

I second Classic's suggestion. Definitely a crisp white French cuffs, with a simple pair of sterling silver links with stone inlay.

6. Thumby55

Thumby55 Member

I think I'll go with a white french cuffed shirt then. I've already got some silver hermes cufflinks that I picked up at a local jewlers. Plus, I originally got a solid colored prada tie with the suit that matches the pinstripes