Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quick color co-ordination question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thumby55, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Thumby55

Thumby55 Member

Hey guys,
    I'm looking into buying a french cuffed shirt to be worn with a suit I recently purchased at Harry Rosen in Toronto. The suit is a black 2 button dealie, with faint dark red (rusty) pinstripes. Until now, I've been wearing a dress shirt that is the same color as the pinstripes, without a tie (open collared). I'm going to a cocktail party soon and would like to wear something a bit more striking, so I figured french cuffs would be the "order of the day".

Anyway, what colors would go well with the colors of the suit mentioned above? I'm a tall guy with blonde hair and blue eyes and a fair skintone.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

2. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

A solid pink or striped pink (I would suggest pinks that gravitate towards the red spectrum rather than baby pink to prevent white man "wash out") shirt with contrasting cuffs. And a black tie??

matt

3. Classic

Classic Senior member

Consider a white shirt with french cuffs, and a tie that picks up the red in the suit. Then a pocket square, again picking up the red in the suit, but with a bit more vibrant color.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If a pink shirt I would go with self color collar and cuffs. I personally don't much care for pale colored shirts with white collars and cuffs. But IMO it would look awesome with a darkish red (a little darker than Style Forum Logo Red) [​IMG] shirt with white collar and cuffs.

5. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior member

I second Classic's suggestion. Definitely a crisp white French cuffs, with a simple pair of sterling silver links with stone inlay.

6. Thumby55

Thumby55 Member

I think I'll go with a white french cuffed shirt then. I've already got some silver hermes cufflinks that I picked up at a local jewlers. Plus, I originally got a solid colored prada tie with the suit that matches the pinstripes