• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Qui bids.com

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it's not bs. I actually work with them professionally. There's plenty of information on their website to explain how it works, but rest assured, they are a real company, who hold real auctions for real products. And they have a real finance department which pays my bill
biggrin.gif

The owners advice was to start bidding on smaller items like the gift cards, etc. to get a better feel how the site works, then set your sights on the large ticket items.

Dinhilion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
So is this bs or what..?
They are a great way to toss some money down the drain. They'd have auctions and products, but they resist oversight and seem sketchy. I read agood article on them a little bit ago. You have bid fees on top of each bid that push up your true cost.

GSquared

Reaction score
As a consumer, it's luck though you can get an incredible price. As a business, there model is brilliant and they are making a small fortune.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
So is this bs or what..?

I actually was in a group that did extensive research on the practice of the company, and the mechanisms they used. The bottom line is that, your gains from using the website is more or less like playing lotteries: constantly lose little, but can win quite substantial once in a while, in expectation though, most people are worse off.

Dinhilion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
I actually was in a group that did extensive research on the practice of the company, and the mechanisms they used. The bottom line is that, your gains from using the website is more or less like playing lotteries: constantly lose little, but can win quite substantial once in a while, in expectation though, most people are worse off.

Did you guys get attention from a major news site? Because that is what the article i read basically said.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GSquared
As a consumer, it's luck though you can get an incredible price. As a business, there model is brilliant and they are making a small fortune.

Their fortune is actually huge comparing to selling products in the conventional way, it increases exponentially as the number of bidders increase.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dinhilion
Did you guys get attention from a major news site? Because that is what the article i read basically said.

Uhm, maybe, I don't know. It's a white paper research, and the result was an intellectual property (belongs to those who hired us). So I am not sure how it was used.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads