• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Questions women ask and what is the right answer

doink

Reaction score
We all know teh typical ones (how do a I look, do you mind waiting, do you like my mother/freinds/dog/cat/cooking?) but what about other ones out of the blue like

When was the last time you had sex?
How old where you when you lost your virginity?
Why did you break up with your last girlfriend?
Why do you still read comics? (more of a joke than need and answer)
Tell me a crazy story about yourself.

One of the women I am dating has asked me many of these questions and has been off put by my answers. Are there proper ways to answer these questions?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dating = finding a person who you don't have to be someone different to be hang out with. Everything else is doom.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Dating = finding a person who you don't have to be someone different to be hang out with. Everything else is doom.
I'm glad you have been taking your medicine.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doink
We all know teh typical ones (how do a I look, do you mind waiting, do you like my mother/freinds/dog/cat/cooking?) but what about other ones out of the blue like

One of the women I am dating has asked me many of these questions and has been off put by my answers. Are there proper ways to answer these questions?

1) Fun way to flip it, if you feel the vibe is right: "more pressing on my mind is when is the next time I'm going to have sex?"

2) the truth (why lie about this?)

3) i never want to get in to details there b/c it's a trap. I always relay the bit from annie hall when they're in the airplane back from LA "I think relationships are like sharks. They have to constantly be moving forward or they die. Ours stopped moving forward." I've never had a girl press me beyond that (at least on the same date)

4) i never read comics

5) A girl has never asked me that. Sounds like something you'd encounter at one of those speed-dating nights. It's such a dumb question. I think i'd lose interest in her at that point.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'm glad you have been taking your medicine.

Does that mean we're friends again?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, but you can only play until bed time.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Always. And by the way, nobody has ever described the entire dating/courtship experience better. Unfortunately, most guys never figure it out.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
That stuff should be discovered over time, not in a game show format. If you're comfortable with her you'll tell her everything sooner or later.... without being asked.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When was the last time you had sex? How old where you when you lost your virginity? Why did you break up with your last girlfriend? Why do you still read comics? (more of a joke than need and answer)
When was the last time you had sex? -- "Oh gosh, it's been so long, I can hardly remember... What kind of food do you feel like eating?" [or any question to quickly change the subject to something less awkward.] How old where you when you lost your virginity? -- "Oh gosh, it's been so long, I can hardy remember... Which restaurant did you want to go to?" [or any question to quickly change the subject to something less awkward -- you don't want her dwelling on or begging for details of Your First Time. She'll just play it over and over in her mind and it will bug her incessantly.] Why did you break up with your last girlfriend? -- "Oh it's a sad story... she decided to get back together with her ex-boyfriend..." [this white lie will enable you to play the sympathy card... you don't want to tell her you left your ex for someone hotter because this new girl will just think the same thing will happen to her eventually.] Why do you still read comics? -- "I read them in their native Japanese because I don't care to have anything 'Lost in Translation'
" So for the first three questions -- remember that ambiguity is the key. Don't give her anything concrete that she can throw back in your face when she's angry at you. For the comics question - you may have to adjust your answer accordingly. And that last question so rarely comes up, you can just hit her back with a "well why don't you tell me a crazy story about YOURself first... I'm all ears..."

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Answer dumb questions with more questions:

You mean with a person?
Lost?
Why are you so fucking nosy?
" " "

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
When was the last time you had sex? -- "Oh gosh, it's been so long, I can hardly remember... What kind of food do you feel like eating?" [or any question to quickly change the subject to something less awkward.]

How old where you when you lost your virginity? -- "Oh gosh, it's been so long, I can hardy remember... Which restaurant did you want to go to?" [or any question to quickly change the subject to something less awkward -- you don't want her dwelling on or begging for details of Your First Time. She'll just play it over and over in her mind and it will bug her incessantly.]

Why did you break up with your last girlfriend? -- "Oh it's a sad story... she decided to get back together with her ex-boyfriend..." [this white lie will enable you to play the sympathy card... you don't want to tell her you left your ex for someone hotter because this new girl will just think the same thing will happen to her eventually.]

Why do you still read comics? -- "I read them in their native Japanese because I don't care to have anything 'Lost in Translation'
"

So for the first three questions -- remember that ambiguity is the key. Don't give her anything concrete that she can throw back in your face when she's angry at you. For the comics question - you may have to adjust your answer accordingly. And that last question so rarely comes up, you can just hit her back with a "well why don't you tell me a crazy story about YOURself first... I'm all ears..."

Wait, did you purposely mean for this to be the worst advice ever?

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Wait, did you purposely mean for this to be the worst advice ever?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Been several years since I went through this, but some standards from back in the day:

1) You mean in this lifetime?
2) I didn't lose it. I know exactly where it went.
3) Feel the vibe here, the answer follows that. Either, "I wanted more in a relationship than she wanted to give" or "She was getting too serious too fast".
4) Was never asked that.
5) Make it a story about rescuing a kitten or getting in a fight defending someone helpless.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When was the last time you had sex? Nunya
How old where you when you lost your virginity? Nunya
Why did you break up with your last girlfriend? Nunya
Why do you still read comics? (more of a joke than need and answer) Why are you still here?
Tell me a crazy story about yourself. I like fatty wets

Why did you answer these questions?

Bruce9241

Reaction score
If she ever asks any of those questions, quickly remind her about the good ole days when women didn't ask so many questions, or talk for that matter.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's