• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Questions to ask MTM shops?

ezwicky

Reaction score
Hi all,

Are there any questions I should ask in order to differentiate MTM shops? It turns out that there's several places here in Richmond and I do not really know how to decide which one to go with.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Zwicky
Richmond VA

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hi Eric,

That’s a difficult one if you don’t have prior experience with MTM or bespoke, where you could test them by inspecting their quality on an example suit or by asking how a test suit of theirs would need to be altered to fit. Best is to go by recommendations e.g. from local forum members. Sorry I can’t provide you with a silver bullet for this situation, but hope someone else can maybe recommend a tailor.

ValidusLA

Reaction score
Definitely a hard question to answer. Local MTM's people probably won't know outside of people who live in the city. If you are looking for MTM, you might try SuitSupply, MyTailor, or any other traveling options that come through.

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hi Eric,

One more thought: see if you can source Simon Crompton‘s book „Obsession Tailoring“. That will equip you with all the basics you‘ll need to know if you’re going into tailored clothing. That’s a good starting point ;)

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.