1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Questions on slimming a suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flame, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Flame

Flame Senior member

Is it possible for a suit, to take in the waist and make the shoulders more structured, and still retain correct body length/pocket size etc proportions?

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is it possible for a suit, to take in the waist and make the shoulders more structured, and still retain correct body length/pocket size etc proportions?

Waist can be taken in ... but what do you mean by "make the shoulders more structured"?

3. Flame

Flame Senior member

Mmm I was quite a big confusing on that one. I mean to say make the armholes higher so that the suit has a more "V" shape to it.

4. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Mmm I was quite a big confusing on that one. I mean to say make the armholes higher so that the suit has a more "V" shape to it.
    No, that's not possible.

!luc

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

Thanks, I guess the only way is to nip the waist in.

6. hughjoen

hughjoen Active Member

for the arm hole you can try to reduce it at the armpit and slimming the sleeves for the slim look. even taking in 1" or so make whole lot of difference. This will also reduce the chest fit as well.

7. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like you want to change the sihouette of the jacket which is inherent to the make of the jacket. The jacket is already defined by its cut. Shaping the waist will help, the shoulder is another matter.

8. Martinis at 8

Martinis at 8 Senior member

...I mean to say make the armholes higher so that the suit has a more "V" shape to it.
    Take the waist in. Have a camelshead custom cut to your chest and inserted. I am assuming your actual drop is 0 or a positive number. A tailor will know what to do for you. M8

9. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

V shape should be created if you have v shape torso IMO.