1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Questions for those who have RECEIVED their Jantzen orders

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrchapel, Jun 29, 2006.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

Quick question for those who have received their Jantzen orders...what would be the best way to order? Should I use the email form on the web site, or should I print out a copy of it and fax it? Have anyone experienced any issues with their credit cards? I'm a little wary about transmitting that information, as his email form is not secured, and I can't imagine the faxes are secure either. Also, for those who have received their orders in the US, were you charged any dutie/import taxes? Thanks!

2. mbc

mbc Senior Member

Quick question for those who have received their Jantzen orders...what would be the best way to order? Should I use the email form on the web site, or should I print out a copy of it and fax it? Have anyone experienced any issues with their credit cards? I'm a little wary about transmitting that information, as his email form is not secured, and I can't imagine the faxes are secure either. Also, for those who have received their orders in the US, were you charged any dutie/import taxes? Thanks!
    I've always used the web form. If you're concerned about transmitting the credit card in plain text, you can always get one of those credit cards that let you generate one-time use numbers (MBNA, Citibank both do that).

I've never been charged any import or customs fees.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I used the online form the first time and emails the subsequent times. Email is just easier to keep track of the measurements and details (as well as the date of the order)

4. mbc

mbc Senior Member

On the two occasions when I got my shirts (and the more recent occassion when I still have not) I used the online form. I'd recommend doing a screen print when you order so you have a record of the measurements you used, etc., as the information generally is not included in any confirming email (assuming you get one).
    I agree... I usually copy/paste the confirmation screen into an Excel spreadsheet so that I have a record of all my orders, and so I can see what I changed between orders and compare the results.

5. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

I agree... I usually copy/paste the confirmation screen into an Excel spreadsheet so that I have a record of all my orders, and so I can see what I changed between orders and compare the results.

Yeah, I do something similar for all online purchases; I make a PDF copy of the page. Then I print it out, file it away. This way I have an electronic copy stored on my hard drive and a paper copy just in case my drive decides to puke. Macs make that really easy [​IMG].

6. maxnharry

maxnharry Distinguished Member

I use the web form and send my credit card each order. Havent had any issue with it really.

7. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

You guys are waaaay more organized than me. [​IMG]

I used to be horribly disorganized. Had to teach myself to be; I started missing payments for services because I "lost" the bill in the huge pile of mail on my desk. It takes a little effort in the short run, but makes things much easier in the long run.

8. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

Yeah, once a year or so I tell myself that same thing, firm up my resolve, and spend a weekend cleaning up my office. But then, halfway through the cleaning/organizing process I find something really cool that I'd forgotten I had and get completely sidetracked . . .

LOL! I know exactly what you mean, as that has happened to me exactly! While I still have some disorganization, it's not easily seen; I still have miscellaneous papers just in a file box from Ikea. One day I'll sort through them. Hopefully no unpaid bills [​IMG].

9. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

mrchapel,
    imo, i'd look for a tailor that you can personally visit. not to take anything away from jantzen, but on my personal experience, things go wrong specially for the first shirt. and with the seemingly rising number of clients dissatisfied with their deliveries here and in the other forum there's a good probability you'd also be complaining or worrying about your orders in a few weeks' time.