• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questions for shoe/Sator

Balthazar

Reaction score
Shoe, I know you're less active on the board these days but I have seen you posting a little bit recently so hopefully you'll see this. I was just wondering if you still have some sort of hook-up with Allen Edmonds. I may be interested in getting some Sohos if I can get a decent price on them.

I'm normally an 11D although have never tried on AEs so not sure sizing in those. So that leads me to my next question: Sator or any Sydneysiders, I could have sworn I saw it mentioned on this forum once (I think by Sator) that there is an AE stockist in Sydney but my searches have yielded no results. Does such a thing exist?

waitwhat

Reaction score
You better hurry, my brother told me that Peter Sheppard is clearing it's AE stock. This is second-hand information, but I trust it. Personally, I can't afford them now, and I probably won't be able to get them before they are gone.
mad.gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peter Sheppard doesn't have Allen-Edmonds on display in its stores anymore, but they will still order them in upon request - at least they did for me recently.

I made it clear when I enquired about a pair of Park Avenues that I was not sure if I would buy, because I was not sure of my sizing. The shop assistant that helped me in Brisbane (a little old lady) was most helpful and ordered in a US9.5 and a US10 in a couple of widths. Unfortunately, I discovered that the Park Avenues have a horrendously low instep and thus do not fit me at all.

The fact that she had just airfreighted in four pairs of shoes only to have me reject all of them did not phase the sales associate at all - so if you do want to try on a pair of AEs, it doesn't hurt to ask them to get a pair or two in for you to try on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads