• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questions about Napolitean Dress Shirt: Napoli

hnt1987

Reaction score
I have never purchased any Napoli dress shirt before. I've brands such as Gucci, Dolce Gabbana, Etro, Prada, RLPL, Etro...

I noticed there are brands like: Finnamore Napoli, Barba Napoli, Luigi Borrelli Napoli, Iasia Napoli, Cesare Antolini, etc... I heard about these brands but never own one.

I googled some, but there aren't much help. Help me out expert!

How are these shirt like? Which brand is superior compare to other? Are they like the low end Italian designers?

I want to buy a Napolitean shirt for about $300-$350 with good quality like Gucci & Prada but I don't know where to start. Help me out guys!

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barba, Finamore, and Isaia are my favs there.

Originally Posted by hnt1987
I have never purchased any Napoli dress shirt before. I've brands such as Gucci, Dolce Gabbana, Etro, Prada, RLPL, Etro...

I noticed there are brands like: Finnamore Napoli, Barba Napoli, Luigi Borrelli Napoli, Iasia Napoli, Cesare Antolini, etc... I heard about these brands but never own one.

I googled some, but there aren't much help. Help me out expert!

How are these shirt like? Which brand is superior compare to other? Are they like the low end Italian designers?

I want to buy a Napolitean shirt for about $300-$350 with good quality like Gucci & Prada but I don't know where to start. Help me out guys!

hnt1987

Reaction score
Are they considered high-end label or some unknown italian designer though?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are high end labels. Very high end.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Probably better quality than Gucci or Prada. Not a huge fan of those big names .

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buonamassa is the best, it is Barba's totally handsewn line.

hnt1987

Reaction score
I have a Charvet & a Brioni dress shirt. I love Charvet. Could you said that these brands are in the same level as C & B?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to see what no 3 looks like

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnt1987
I have a Charvet & a Brioni dress shirt. I love Charvet. Could you said that these brands are in the same level as C & B?

Some might say yes. They are different kinds of shirts.

Charvet and Brioni do not have any hand work/hand sewing.

The ones mentioned above from Napoli all do, some extensively. Does this make them better, no.
They do all have slim fits, Brioni does not.

hnt1987

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I'm leaning forward for Barba for a moment!

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barba is probably the slimmest fit of those brands and the easiest to find at lower prices. They would probably be considered the 'youngest' of the bunch, too. Personally I like all of those brands, and would concentrate on finding a shirt in the right size and fabric.

Bargs

Reaction score
Barba are fantastic shirts - I own several. Check ShopTheFinest for the best selection - Ian is great about answering any questions and you should be able to pick one up in the $139-$149 range to try.

Jthaeler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Some might say yes. They are different kinds of shirts.

Charvet and Brioni do not have any hand work/hand sewing.

The ones mentioned above from Napoli all do, some extensively. Does this make them better, no.
They do all have slim fits, Brioni does not.

Brioni does have some hand sewing, depending on the line. I think their black label claims 68% (although I always wonder how the hell they can quantify 68%...why not just 2/3 hand sewn??)

Brionis offer the most "Americanized" fit out of the Iti's listed. If you are in decent shape (have a drop from chest to waist of 8 inches or more) I would HIGHLY recommend the Barbas, as these will give you the hourglass shape. And ShoptheFinest is a great place to get a legit shirt.

hnt1987

Reaction score
irrelevant question. Any well-known in holly. rock these brand though?

How about Luciano barbera

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads