Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Questions about items bought on ebay

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by zjxzm, Nov 13, 2017.

1. zjxzm

zjxzm New Member

Hello sirs

I bought a Caruso and a D'AVENZA sport coat on eBay, one is wool-silk-lien and the other one is wool angora cashmere, i received them quickly and checked their quality, I found they are almost the same as description posted on eBay,( though the button of Caruso is platstic, which makes me disappointed). I am actually confused because they both sold at a very low price, around $300 each one, so could anyone tell me the reason that these sport coats sold at so low price?( D'AVENZA original price is $3295)And by the way evaluate the quality of these two sport coats? Thanks in advance.

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior Member

not really sure why you're confused about the price. They obviously did not sell at the full retail price and so were liquidated, or the retailer went out of business, or something like that. Hard to evaluate the quality based on photos but both make very nice jackets, especially D'Avenza. Looks like you got a good deal on both so enjoy.

3. zjxzm

zjxzm New Member

Thank you for replying me, the reason that i ask is i am worried about whether the clothes are fake or not, as you know it is easy to buy fake items on ebay, and the items i bought are so cheap, but your answer solves my question, thank you so much.

4. Caltrad

Caltrad New Member

If you are happy with them, it probably doesn't matter if they are fake or not. To me they look like decent enough quality so probably the real deal. Enjoy them! :)

5. maxalex

maxalex Senior Member

I’m no expert on ebay counterfeits but I imagine most fakers go for more household-name brands than these. It’s a lot of work to make fake clothes, so appealing to a broad group of suckers is the best business plan. I would worry more about Armani suits, Hermes ties and Ferragamo shoes than the brands you bought. It’s also much easier to fake big-name accessories (like handbags) which are often factory-made anyway; I’ve been in lots of Chinese factories (electronics not clothes) and I know for a fact that some back-alley factories make the real thing by day and the fake by night.

Finally, these days virtually all “made in Italy” clothing that is not bespoke is actually made elsewhere (like Romania and Turkey) and only “finished” on the Boot. So again, what’s fake and what’s not?

6. zjxzm

zjxzm New Member

Your reply is so helpful to me, as you say nowadays it is difficult to judge what is fake and what is not, I should not pay much attention on this question, the most important point is whether I like these clothes, if I like them, these clothes are worthful to me, thank you so much. By the way, could you please tell me where could I find some threads in styleforum that could help me learn some knowledge about evaluating the quality of suits or sport coats? I tried several keywords to search and actually found many useful and interesting answers, but I cannot find the thread to teach the beginner some basic knoelegdge about evaluating the quality.