• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question - Wool Slacks Stretched at Knees Badly; Will dry-cleaning or airing out help?

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Today I wore a new pair of wool dress slacks, and on my walk to work (approx. 2 miles) it was pouring so hard that my pants were soaked all the way through upon arrival. I know I should have just taken a cab, but I chose to walk with a rain jacket on. Long story short, pants were completely soaked through; I sat at a desk until they dryed; I stood up and the fabric jutted out at the knees. Like if you bunched up the fabric and pulled really hard until you had a softball-sized piece of fabric jutting out at the knees. That makes sense considering I have bony knees and by sitting, it stretched the fabric out, but will dry-cleaning the pants restore their natural shape?

It looks really, really bad. Really, really bad. I've never had that happen before, and I'm unsure about what to do. I get that I am an idiot for deciding to walk in a rainstorm. Will dry-cleaning or just not wearing the pants for a week restore the shape?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 49 16.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 104 34.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 90 30.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%