• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question: Regarding Borrelli and Kiton Shirts

Cravate Royale

Reaction score
I would like to get your feedback and suggestions on the fit of Borrelli vs Kiton shirts. I own several Borrelli dress shirts and have noticed different fits depending on where these shirts are bought. Borelli boutique has the slimmest fit of all stores. I am interested to know what experience you all have with Kiton dress shirts in terms of fit and whether they are also made with varying fits for different stores. Any suggestions and input would be truely appreciated. I am new to your forum, however, I have been following the forum for a while and am very impressed with the knowledge and passion that exists on the forum for exquisite men's wear.
Thank you for your kind attention.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been many threads on this/these subject/s (comparing shirts, comparing Kiton and Borrelli, comparing various makes, etc.). Try the search function and see what you get.

ragdoll

Reaction score
Like Borrelli, Kiton shirts come in varying degrees of fullness. The ones I have found in the midwest are relatively large or full. I have some from Stanley Korshak that seem to be slim-cut. You might consider their MTM though for the price you could go custom...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Kiton: When I did MTM, you had a choice of a full American cut, fuller German cut, and slimmer Italian cut.

Both makers are excellent.

horton

Reaction score
I have limtied experience with Kiton shirts but like them a lot. Ones that have looked like dress shirts (or dressier) or that come from mens clothing boutiques, e.g., Louis, Korshak etc, have been trimmer IMO. Ones that look more casual (e.g., button down collars) have been more full.

If you're buying bricks and mortar, they'll certainly let you try things on.

I've seen more variation in fit in the Borrelli shirts.

If you're looking for trimmer styles also consider Lorenzini and Bizzocchi.

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the Kiton shirts in my wardrobe are RTW and purchased from either Lance (Clotheshorse) or Ian (World's Finest). They fit better and feel better than the Borrelli shirts acquired from Wilkes Bashford and Neiman Marcus.

Ironically, the Oxxford ready RTW made by Kiton are the best fitting RTW shirts in my wardrobe. It is ironic because the Oxxford/Kiton shirts are measurably slimmer than the Kiton shirts from Lance and Ian! I am in complete agreement with iammatt regarding the quality of Kiton fabric.

Since Kiton no longer makes for Oxxford, my ultimate solution will my first bespoke shirts. The only problem is I don't need any new shirts!
confused.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Kiton: When I did MTM, you had a choice of a full American cut, fuller German cut, and slimmer Italian cut.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this kind of funny.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree that Kiton, on the whole, uses finer fabrics than Borrelli. They also, on the whole, are about double the retail price. And the Kiton shirts that retail at $595 do not use the prime Riva fabrics so they are, IMHO, about the same as Borrelli. The Borrelli "Royal" Collection uses fabrics that are in same the quality range as Kiton, though.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I agree that Kiton, on the whole, uses finer fabrics than Borrelli. They also, on the whole, are about double the retail price. And the Kiton shirts that retail at $595 do not use the prime Riva fabrics so they are, IMHO, about the same as Borrelli. The Borrelli "Royal" Collection uses fabrics that are in same the quality range as Kiton, though.
I like Riva fabrics a lot. Nowadays, I would say that at least half of my shirts are Riva. Are they supposed to be more expensive than Acorn or something similar
devil.gif
?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
You're all nuts

crackup[1].gif

Like you didn't know that already?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Btw Zach, how's that Italian toy treating you?
tounge.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
About half my Kiton are Riva. Riva is silky smooth but what surprises me is their durability. I have several that wear better than much heavier fabric. The Royal Borrellis are very nice as well but are also $600+.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Ironically, the Oxxford ready RTW made by Kiton are the best fitting RTW shirts in my wardrobe.
Kiton makes for Oxxford? Are you sure? That's news to me. I thought they used an American manufacturer...

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Kiton makes for Oxxford? Are you sure? That's news to me. I thought they used an American manufacturer...

Kiton made shirts for Oxxford. Past tense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics