1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Question re: RRL (Double RL) Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by embowafa, Jun 25, 2008.

1. FromCAtoCO

FromCAtoCO Senior member

Thanks so much for the response. I am about a true 34 waist, but the 34's in the straight leg were a little big. Would you recomend the 33 wiast or 34 in the low rise straight leg?

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Thanks so much for the response. I am about a true 34 waist, but the 34's in the straight leg were a little big. Would you recomend the 33 wiast or 34 in the low rise straight leg?
    Definitely size down to the 33.

3. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Member

Thanks, Whodini, much appreciated . . .

Georgetown is closed but you can special order a pair through Farinelli's on this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=110475

RRL is RL's baby line and prefers that it has a toned-down following hence no online sales, minimal boutique retailers, etc. The better place to find RRL is at your local RRL store; the best place to get RRL is through Farinelli's as Mauro can order you any specific item you request.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SFTA10

SFTA10 New Member

check ebay for ' raw rrl jeans ' this is how i found my

i just bought a pair for half price of retail

i bought a straight leg because i love the 501s so much so i should get them soon but i am considering a slim fit as well for next time

greetz from germany

5. SFTA10

SFTA10 New Member

[​IMG]

pretty badass stuff !

6. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

did you buy them second hand or bnwt?? cause the fade patterns look really really authentic

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

some of their fade pattern is spot on.
    i wish i could get a pair of faded that fit me

8. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

sorry to highjack this thread but whats the site for the RRL i cant seem to find RRL on the reg RL site

9. otc

otc Senior member

sorry to highjack this thread but whats the site for the RRL i cant seem to find RRL on the reg RL site

Doesn't exist

10. phreak

phreak Senior member

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I'm wearing my RRL straights until I want more of a tailored fit (about a month and a half between wears; I am getting significant stretch in these), then I am washing them cold inside out then tumble drying them low. I am seeing some fading now, but I am wondering if I should try a warm, hot wash (not inside out) to maximize fading in the next wash.

12. ties@thedepot

ties@thedepot Well-Known Member

some of their fade pattern is spot on.
    i wish i could get a pair of faded that fit me

i just bought a pair from tj max, they were distressed but for 15.00 i couldn't say no. Besides, the fades are pretty damn good.

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

LA PEOPLE: Just got word that RRL on Melrose will be having a sale-kickoff party on the 9th. It will be an unheard of 30% OFF with an extra 15% given from 6-9pm. Yeah. There should be drinks and food as well. I don't think they'll be taking phone orders so you better start booking your plane ticket down here.

14. FromCAtoCO

FromCAtoCO Senior member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Low Striaght and stretch??

I am looking to pick up 2 different washes. In the raw one rinse, I am assuming these will see a good amount of stretching? So size down one.

I also saw a great pair that has some built in fades, so is assuming these pre washes will stretch less correct? Or should I size the pre wash the same as the raw rinse?

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the Low Striaght and stretch?? I am looking to pick up 2 different washes. In the raw one rinse, I am assuming these will see a good amount of stretching? So size down one. I also saw a great pair that has some built in fades, so is assuming these pre washes will stretch less correct? Or should I size the pre wash the same as the raw rinse?
    Size one down on the Low Straight. Washes tend to be more TTS and stretch out minimally.

16. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i am so pissed I didn't hear about the LA sale.

why can't I be in the know like all the cool people

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

Tried to tell you guys...

It was a good time, too.

18. redmanca

redmanca Member

Here are some crappy pictures of my two pairs of RRL jeans. I've had them both for about four or five months.

[​IMG]

Top pair is slim boot cut and bottom pair is straight cut.

[​IMG]

Thanks for helping this trad (think J. Press and not BoO) pick out some great jeans.

Conor

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

Glad you're happy with them. Which fit do you think you prefer?

20. redmanca

redmanca Member

Probably the straight cut. The boot cuts fit great but are a little tight on my giant calves. The fit on them is probably a little more SF approved, but I often prefer the looser fit of the straights (again, being inclined to old J Press and BB sacks).

Conor