• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question re removing indigo from leather patch

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
My new raw jeans had some indigo bleed onto the leather patch during a wash. How does one remove the blue stain on the leather patch?

To get indigo off, you might try using shoe polish in the color of the leather patch.

Anyway, to prevent this from happening in the future, rub vaseline on the patch before washing.

billionaireboy

Reaction score
You can also try using the Mr. Clean Magical Eraser, which is what I use to get indigo off of leather (i.e shoes).

not sure how it will work on the patch though

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saddle soap could be another solution

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you care so much about the patch? The jeans are supposed to wear down and become individualized, the patch should reflect this as well.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that all of this could have been avoided by properly protecting the patch by waxing or something along those lines before washing. Personally, I would consider a beat up patch desirable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads