• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question on tailoring a wool outercoat...? (need opinion)

Ag229487

Reaction score
Hello all- I picked up this Hugo Boss coat from Bloomingdales for around $200 after all discounts yesterday- I had eyed it before but wasn't 100% on it but finally decided to pull the trigger, the last size they had was 44r, I probably could've used a 42r. The shoulders and sleeves are great, its just the the waist area is pretty baggy.

Has anyone had experience on tailoring this kind of jacket, and is it worth it? If not I can always return the coat, but I do like it alot. Any opinions or info is appreciated. Thanks-

Heres a pic of the jacket for reference.

free

Reaction score
An alteration tailor can take in the sides and give the coat more waist suppression. I have had this done on quite a few jackets and over coats at Wilfred's on W. 23rd.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Carmina

Votes: 34 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 73 32.3%