Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question on shoe cream -- gravati shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Sep 15, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

I have a pair of Gravati shoes in a deep brown.  The shoes are a split toe with contrast stitching, therefore I use a neutral shoe cream to polish the shoes.

I've noticed that if I polish the shoes and then wait a few days to wear them, that I get a light white haze on the shoes, mostly in the creases, but only on other parts of the shoe.  I thought there was a problem with the shoe cream, but on other shoes I don't seem to get the same problem.

Any recommendations?  Is there perhaps a problem with the shoe leather?  The shoes have only been worn a few times.

Thanks for any input.

By the way, the shoe cream I'm using is Synovia from Nordstrom. Is there perhaps a better choice that is widely available?

2. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

I've only encountered this problem with shell cordovan, which neutral shoe cream should never be allowed to touch. But presumably your Gravatis are made of calfskin. Mystery. . . .