• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Question on sargent fit

Duveen

Reaction score
Hello,

I am ordering a pair of shoes for myself and one for a colleague from Pediwear. As I am a 13 US and they don't carry half sizes, I am going to try the Highgrove in a 12F UK and hope for the best.

My colleague, however, is a much easier-to-fit 10D US. He is piggybacking on my shoe obsession, but is concerned about getting the right size the first time. Carol at Pediwear recommended a 9.5F, but I have heard that for C&J non handgrade going down a full size is often a better idea. Given that the Sargents are F fitting, would a 9F be a better choice?

I'd particularly like to hear from Dr. Bresch, as the Wigmores are Premier line shoes, which seem to be almost all F-fitting.

Thanks.

brescd01

Reaction score
All I can say is that the .5 size differential worked perfectly for every Sargent I ordered, which is 1 Premier, 1 Knightsbridge, 1 Classic, and 1 Country. And it worked across brands and countries: I take a 8.5 US in C&J loafer (the Cavendish, from Lanvin in NYC 10 years ago)) and Handgrade (the Seymour, from Barneys), and an 8.5 US in the Knightsbridge Yardley (from Brooks Brothers). I never worried about width because I am a D American, the standard I think. So I thought everything I ordered was E width, but I could be wrong. But I didn't think about it because there is only one width, excdept for the special line for wide feet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy