• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on RLPL pricing?

bjm

Reaction score
I see loads of RLPL suits/jackets/shirts on flea bay all the time and on sale at various retailers and outlets and its always marked down like 70 or 80%. Does anyone actually pay full retail for RLPL suits and jackets? Its a great sales tool to show these huge discounts but are these actually real numbers??? Thanks

dastig

Reaction score
People who can afford to pay 3-4 for a suit pay the retail. If you don't care about the money, then why wait for the sale when you can get the suit right now.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The numbers produced for some Purple Label items is very low so those that can afford it will snap up these right when they come in.

bjm

Reaction score
interesting for 4k/$5k you are in the bespoke saville row or US equivalent territory. I would do this rather than pay MSRP for a RTW St.Andrews.

unaware

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
interesting for 4k/$5k you are in the bespoke saville row or US equivalent territory. I would do this rather than pay MSRP for a RTW St.Andrews.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there for whom a name brand carries more weight than "bespoke".

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charlie Rose wears MTM RLPL suits for many years now, he has a new one on everyday, so I am sure his stylist takes care of it, or maybe even RL himself since they are friends.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
If time is money then RTW can be a better proposition than bespoke. You walk into Ralph's place and the fully realized garment is before you. There is no wading through swatches, come back in a few weeks or months for another fitting, or the uncertainty of the outcome.

bjm

Reaction score
Willing to bet he gets these at nominal cost or free.

Originally Posted by PaoloM
Charlie Rose wears MTM RLPL suits for many years now, he has a new one on everyday, so I am sure his stylist takes care of it, or maybe even RL himself since they are friends.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only paid FULL retail for the x>1 RLPL Suits/SCs I have bought in the last 6 months..........ah ha...

Regards.
PS. BS.

raphael

Reaction score
I won't pay retail price on anything in a store - it's the profit-maximizing price for people who are either suckers or in a hurry. I'm not either and can afford to wait for a sale, get a better deal and walk away from the transaction in a manner that is less one-sided.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
I see loads of RLPL suits/jackets/shirts on flea bay all the time and on sale at various retailers and outlets and its always marked down like 70 or 80%. Does anyone actually pay full retail for RLPL suits and jackets? Its a great sales tool to show these huge discounts but are these actually real numbers??? Thanks

you won't always be able to find the suit you want on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics